Religions.

Onyx said:
I have some questions for everyone:

1) What religion do you stand for, and why? [if none, then explain the reason]

>>
No religion. I dont want to have any laws in my life (beware i dont say that i dont have ethic).I think religion is only a way to answer the fears of the mankind (death, futur, meaning of life, etc...) but everybody got is own answers, just look inside yourself and in your ambitions.

2) What is your attitude towards different religions and the phenomenon of religion on the whole?

>>
I respect every way of thinking (i dont said that i appreciate !), you can want with your mind and way of thinking.
I just hate the fanatism, in the ideas and in religions, like inquisition in christianism, or integrism in islam, etc...

By the way, does anybody know what is the religious situation of the members of Dark Tranquillity? I didn't catch any mentioning of that in the interviews I've read.

>>
I dont care about that, i am only interested by there artistic and musical work.

My results:

1. Secular Humanism (100%) 2. Unitarian Universalism (100%) 3. Nontheist (90%)
These are not a least bit surprising, especially as I read the above description of Secular Humanism before taking the test and realized that I agree very much with it. To be honest, I half-expected the results to be something completely against my beliefs, but this proves the test to be at least somewhat viable.

The bottom groups were:

23. Eastern Orthodox (9%) 24. Islam (9%) 25. Orthodox Judaism (9%) 26. Roman Catholic (9%) 27. Scientology (6%)

Which is not surprising either, as I think all those (along with many others that were slightly higher in the list) religions should be erased from mankind once and for all because of all the suffering, inequality and hypocrisy they have caused and keep causing. If I knew a way to do that without hurting huge amounts of people, I would certainly be doing it.

-Villain

@villain: i can be tolerant all you want, but please don't bundle catholicism with scientology anymore :eek:

yes, but... scientology? the one about aliens coming back to earth on judgement day and fighting humans with television parts?

Dark_Jester said:
But they BOTH believe in some crazy guy that will take you beyond the stars... ;)

but in the case of the catholic church the crazy guy is a god, while according to scientology he's a pulp sci-fi writer and a nazi collaborationist. ;)

rahvin.

definitely so. and we're not afraid to keep non-plasma screen tv's in our homes. and we're not supposed to spend an average of $800,000 to cross the bridge, which in scientology lingo corresponds to setting oneself free from their reactive mind and therefore becoming again a purely analytical being, as pre Xenu's invasion. :rolleyes:

Zug zug :D
(Gasp) They're destroying our city!

And as a matter of interest, after knowing some for about a year, I find noone more amusing than the hypocritical fire-brand mormons...