Remembering Mac

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
Why don't we gather memories, tributes and so in a thread? Here's my kick off.

I found this video on youtube during an "evening with Threshold videos", the guy really does a great job - despite his arrangement is a little too, err, symphonic metal oriented (the chorus, in particular). I quite like it but it's a bit of step out of Threshold style.

Here's some pics you probably have never seen - unless you are long time regulars on this forum.

Before the dvd show in Zoetermeer
29.JPG

Soundcheck at the dvd show [this one's from Trevor Raggat]
CNV00002.jpg

last but not least, me and him, Z7, Zoetermeer, 2002 tour :)
42.JPG

No stories in particular come to my mind now (perhaps it's because I've always had a hard time in understanding Mac's - and Jon's! - accent), I just remember a happy, nice guy, always smiling and chatty.

So I end this post with a fantastic quote from Nick (we were backstage after the 2002 show in Pratteln), that pretty much sums up the guy:

Me: "What kind of videogames do you have on the bus ?"
Nick: "We have no videogames this time, and no tv: we just have Mac!" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Swamp Freaks video was too sad for me, although well put together. I prefer to remember the many happy memories with Mac. Amusing moments like him fixing the tour bus before a show in the documentary.

Nick's quote isn't quite right Rob. Shortly after that Mac offered to buy a TV from the venue and dragged an old set onto the bus to play his video games. I think it was one of the first colour televisions ever by the look of the wood panels on the side!

Nick's quote isn't quite right Rob. Shortly after that Mac offered to buy a TV from the venue and dragged an old set onto the bus to play his video games. I think it was one of the first colour televisions ever by the look of the wood panels on the side!

ahahaha, well, I think that the quote basically gives you the perfect picture of who Mac was :Spin: