Resident Evil - any fans of the games?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4. Just got to the second stage (in the castle, about to enter the sewers with the invisible insects...).

So far this is incredible to look at, and great to play.....but I miss the adventure of needing to find objects to combine them in order to make a key for a locked door somewhere in a hidden room blah blah.

Res Evil 4 seems like much more of a shoot 'em up, which is a shame.

Res Evil 2 and RE Codename Veronica still rule the roost IMO.

got the first one shortly after it came out. got to the end and realized i had to go back all the way to the beginning to get the Big Fucking Gun (whatever it's called), so that's what i did. did the tiger eye bullshit, thought "yes, i have the Big Fucking Gun." opened a door, got my head chopped off by one of those green fuckers before the screen even completely faded in.

never played the damn thing again.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I think I'm the only person on earth who a) enjoys video games immensely, and b) hated RE4.

Sold it.

You know I'm a huge fan....and if you read the general reviews, some even go so far to say that this is one of the best games of the last few years (at minimum the best RE).

I like it a lot, I'll play it all the way through....but no way is it the best RE.

Bring back the fucking Zombies and static backgrounds. I don't need another FPS.

once I was NAD said:
got the first one shortly after it came out.

The original on the PSX was one of the most difficult games EVER! So few ink ribbons, so few bullets...most of the time I was fighting zombies off with my goddamn breadknife!

Res Evil 2 was SOOOO much better, no shit.

I don't have any systems that RE4 is designed for.. but being a zombie fanatic I have played the others and enjoyed them, except maybe Nemesis which I've tried to finish numerous times and typically get bored with and give up.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I trust video game reviewers about as much as I trust NAD to recommend me some viking metal.
haha hey, at least i'll say Hammerheart. :kickass: and then say nothing else is worth listening to. :loco:

one of these days i'll go back to this game and play it again. put the damn thing on Super Gay Easy Mode or something.

my friends like to get really high and play RE in the dark...sadly i've yet to be around for it, but hopefully this weekend :dopey:

my interest in video games has dropped off significantly in the past couple years. gimme old school any day of the week.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I trust video game reviewers about as much as I trust NAD to recommend me some viking metal.

Really? It's one of those areas where you have to rely on these guys...do you rent the game first or something?

Another thing about Res Evil 4: NO INK RIBBONS! You can just save whenever you find a typewriter. A bit easy IMO.

I only finished RE1, played some RE2 at a friend's but got bored pretty quick. RE1 was a brilliant game that really got me involved. Some parts of it actually scared me to death, like the hellhounds in the corridor or the shark.

Actually, I'd like to play some Silent Hill on PC. Which one should I get?

JayKeeley said:
The original on the PSX was one of the most difficult games EVER! So few ink ribbons, so few bullets...most of the time I was fighting zombies off with my goddamn breadknife!

Res Evil 2 was SOOOO much better, no shit.

Seriously, I just pictured a miniature, pixelated JayKeeley frantically waving a dulling-by-the-minute butter knife at the undead.

And I laughed looooong and hard. :lol:

Ellestin said:
Some parts of it actually scared me to death, like the hellhounds in the corridor
that part ruled so fucking much. scared the shit out of me.

between this and Splatterhouse, i lost some sleep in my youth. :dopey:

When the big boss jumps through the wall in Res Evil 2, or the first time you see the wall crawler, or when all the hands come out of the window barracade a la Day of the Dead, I shit my pants. In fact, I just ended up wearing a diaper anytime I played Res Evil 1, 2, 3, and Codename, haha.