Resident Evil - any fans of the games?

Ellestin said:
I only finished RE1, played some RE2 at a friend's but got bored pretty quick. RE1 was a brilliant game that really got me involved. Some parts of it actually scared me to death, like the hellhounds in the corridor or the shark.

Actually, I'd like to play some Silent Hill on PC. Which one should I get?

Dude, the first time those fucking helldogs jumped through the windows in that hallway, I had to turn the lights back on and control my breathing. I nearly shat myself. Ditto for the first time the big fucking snake attacked.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Silent Hill games, but by all accounts, I believe the 2nd one is considered the best of the series.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I trust video game reviewers about as much as I trust NAD to recommend me some viking metal.

It's helpful day...

Icono's guide to not getting jewed by purchased reviewers:
1. Read the review, ignore the "this game rocks" comments, focus on the specific details. What they like, what they dont. Learn which review sites/reviewers like things similar to you.
2. If the review has "reader reviews", read those.
3. Go to the games forums (not the official ones) on a fansite. See what people say.
4. If you still aren't sure, rent it first.

once I was NAD said:
fuckit, $7.00 on half.com for RE2. SOLD!

OMG so you don't even know about what's in the sewer under the Umbrella HQ. First time I saw it, I just panicked and ran away....but there is no escape!

I won't say what's in the sewer, I'll leave the element of surprise. :cool:

Oh and prepare to meet Ada Wong. She's a babe.

7.jpg

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'm not terribly familiar with the Silent Hill games, but by all accounts, I believe the 2nd one is considered the best of the series.

Yeah, I think most prefered the 2nd and probably then the 3rd. I've only played the 4th and thought it was great.

As for RE, the first was fucking great and it's GC remake is fantastic. I'll probably get a GC one of these days just for that. RE4 was good but with the new targeting system and such and that it essentially an over the shoulder FPS, I couldn't stand the fucking lack of a strafe function. Any other RE but the first just isn't worth it imo but RE4 was almost there.

MadeInNewJersey said:
She's still not as hot as Jill, the master of unlocking [/gayandfunny]
hahahahaha oh that was funny. "you the master of unlocking..." oh man that shit is so bad.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Yeah, I think most prefered the 2nd and probably then the 3rd. I've only played the 4th and thought it was great.

Good to know. I played Silent Hill 1 and loved it (in all its nauseating sickness with blood and shit on the walls) and am now ready for all the sequels.

As for RE, the first was fucking great and it's GC remake is fantastic. I'll probably get a GC one of these days just for that.

I bought the GC for that game (plus the fact that Nintendo and Capcom announced that the next SIX RE games would be GC proprietary only....I guess that fell through).

I also bought the Dreamcast for Code Veronica. This was back in the day when wifey worked and wasn't having our kids. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Good to know. I played Silent Hill 1 and loved it (in all its nauseating sickness with blood and shit on the walls) and am now ready for all the sequels.

I bought the GC for that game (plus the fact that Nintendo and Capcom announced that the next SIX RE games would be GC proprietary only....I guess that fell through).

I also bought the Dreamcast for Code Veronica. This was back in the day when wifey worked and wasn't having our kids. :loco:

GC & Capcom didn't lie; proprietary in the video game world means "can't come out on another system for 6-12 mos." I.E. Grand Theft Auto is "proprietary" to the Playstation.

haha yeah, looks like Mz. Invisible to me too.

edit: okay now she doesn't. i don't see her paps though.