Reunion vs. New Album

Reunion Tour vs. New Album

• New Album

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Reunion Tour

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
Anthrax_Mosher said:
Ok. Explain this then. If Dan Spitz "drove joey away" from the band, why did Dan stick around in the band for two more years? It makes no fuckin sense.

I didn't bother to vote either. The poll is lame, wouldn't make a difference even if there was a winner, and it does nothing for me.
the deal is when joey was asked to tour in 1999 and it never happened. charlie was refering to danny (apparently) convincing joey not to do the tour. this shit is so old its fucking lame. people bitch about the fact that anthrax did do a reunion tour and at the same time bitch about a comment that was made years ago. did i mention to join the cdc? lol
it is what it is. any church goers here? better go prey then. :D

jpike said:
The one they are working on right now that will be out later in the year with Joey and Dan.:Spin:
Really?!!! That's the great news!!! How come you're the only one who knows about it? If I won't be able to find it in the local Tower Records by Christmass you'll have to make a copy for me...

Ok fans, think about this !

When Joey apperently "pulled out" of the reunion tour in 1999, (or was it Dan Spitz who "drove him away") everyone was bummed and pissed off at Joey. That was 1999. Years later, in 2005, Belladonna comes back, not to mention their best bass player and best lead guitarist, and people hate the idea of the reunion. Explain that to me. Why did people want to see the reunion then and not now? What changed? Was it because WCFYA and TGOTE were so good ?

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Ok fans, think about this !

When Joey apperently "pulled out" of the reunion tour in 1999, (or was it Dan Spitz who "drove him away") everyone was bummed and pissed off at Joey. That was 1999. Years later, in 2005, Belladonna comes back, not to mention their best bass player and best lead guitarist, and people hate the idea of the reunion. Explain that to me. Why did people want to see the reunion then and not now? What changed? Was it because WCFYA and TGOTE were so good ?

I, for one, would say that it was because of that AND the fact that Joey showed back then that he really wasn't into it. I don't believe (note, that doesn't mean I know the reason!!) Joey got kicked out so long ago because of not being a creative participant. From what I recall in some really old articles soon after his termination, Joey was said to have not being into it any more. What could you expect from someone who never really had a metal background and never sang a rough angry note?

I remember being at an instore signing last year and telling them that it was good to see them together for one more round. I clearly remember Joey poking his head up and saying "Fuck yeah!" but I got the feeling he thought I was happy to see this classic lineup back on a permanent basis.

Scott, Charlie ... please don't kid yourselves. WCFYA didn't give me a massive woody like I hoped it would (much because of the old promises most bands make of returning to the old school!) BUT it was the best I had heard since State of Euphoria. And the way that Bush belts out the old tunes just shows to me that he is the perfect fit for that group.

As for who's going to be on the "new album", whenever that may be ... c'mon guys. We all know it's going to be Joey singing it. Bush quit around October/November 2005 because he kept getting dicked around. Bush wasn't prepared to wait for an answer - seems like he couldn't even squeeze an answer out of the guys anyway!

Yes it will be Joey. No, I'd rather it be Bush (the John guy, not that unintelligent animal for a president).

We still don't know who's even in the band. It's gonna look retarded going back and forth between line-ups. Frank should've never left in the first place and Joey Vera wasn't even in the band that long. I say if this reunion was a "proper goodbye" from Dan and Joey, then cool. I, like many others here, just wanna get the new album. If John and Rob come back, whatever. But keep Frank.

Dredd74 said:
New album bring back BUSH + ROB!!!!

End the reunion, it's run it's course anyways, and send Joey and the Hobbit packing.

eh, no it aint. i was listening to TGOTE today and then alive 2, sending joey packing would be a huge error, he is much the better signer for anthrax and his voice adds another dimesion to the songs. rob butchers the solos in TGOTE, so no to him either

Only way to get ANTHRAX from fading away is recording with the classic line up, we all see how well the live shows sell.

The old albums were much better to start with IMO so no reason why they still can pull it off!

spacebeer said:
Only way to get ANTHRAX from fading away is recording with the classic line up, we all see how well the live shows sell.

The old albums were much better to start with IMO so no reason why they still can pull it off!

from what ive heard ticket sales are seem to be going very well in over europe

the_walking_dude said:
eh, no it aint. i was listening to TGOTE today and then alive 2, sending joey packing would be a huge error, he is much the better signer for anthrax and his voice adds another dimesion to the songs. rob butchers the solos in TGOTE, so no to him either
Right on:headbang:

the_walking_dude said:
Disagree

warparty666 said:
I don't care who is singing, John or Joey. If its Anthrax I'll buy tickets to a show or go out and buy the CD. They have never disapointed me.

^^ My view, saves me typing it!

Well ... this is gonna get some stick but I want a new album BUT with Belladonna and Danny on it.

I just got such a kick and buzz from seeing them back in the band and realise there is unfinished business with those 2 members. Surely 1 more album is in that lineup?

Yes I love Bush. Don't get me wrong, but I prefer Joey. Not saying either one is better coz both are tremendous and bring something different to the band however there is a buzz and energy and unity in the band when Joey and Danny are there. Also I have always preferred Joey's live performance. Maybe also I just prefer his falsetto voice too.

And personally as much as love WCFYA and SOWN, for me the pinnacle of Anthrax is still POT.

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth. Doesn't mean I want all pro Bush and Anti-Reunion fans to change their mind as what they feel is right is their own choice and they are entitled to it.

We are always gonna see things differently.

Long live Anthrax. :wave:

After buying everything I could ever get my hands on from Anthrax, I finally said no to this latest batch of recordings from the reunion tour.
The bottom line for me is that no matter which lineup I prefer, all i really want is to hear something NEW!!
I love this band, but for christ's sake how many different packages can the same old songs be released in?!
John, Joey, Frank, Danny, Neil, Rob, Joey V..............
FUCK IT, make and album with ALL OF THEM for all I care, just release something NEW..........

AstroCreeper said:
After buying everything I could ever get my hands on from Anthrax, I finally said no to this latest batch of recordings from the reunion tour.
The bottom line for me is that no matter which lineup I prefer, all i really want is to hear something NEW!!
I love this band, but for christ's sake how many different packages can the same old songs be released in?!
FUCK IT, make and album with ALL OF THEM for all I care, just release something NEW..........

I can agree with that.

AstroCreeper said:

Imagine that
Vocals - Belladonna, Bush, Turbin, Iglesius (had to Arg!)
Guitars - Ian Rosenfeld, Crook, Spitz, Caggiano (Dime would be there in spirit for sure!!!!!!)
Bass - Lilker, Bello, Vera
Drums - Benante

Mascots - Notman, Dredd, Thraxagram and Captain Tripps.

Manager - Johnny & Marsha Z for sure

Label - Megaforce, Island

Album name - Return of the Son of the Killer A's vs Killer B's: The Threat continues.

Ok bedtime for me. o_O :wave:

the reunion for me was great!!!!
i finally saw anthrax after many years waiting
and with the classic line-up.
it meant so much for me i saw
my whole life passing in front of me
all the dreams and the images i had when i was kid and listening to anthrax
and really believed thats all gone.
never thought about a reunion and it was amazing.
about the wcfya line up all i have to say that
they made me proud to be an anthrax fan
after all these years.
so i dont know what to pick.
any line up for me worked great
and i would be satisfied with any anthrax work.
so fuck it....make the ultimate anthrax album
with everybody in it.
joey + john
scott + rob + dan
frank alone - dont need anyone else but frank
charlie - who else?
name of the album: ANTHRAX

hey damn, i'd be all for that, having joey, john, rob, scott, danny, frankie & charlie on the next album all together! never really thought about it!