RevalverIII JSX test (clip inside)

So is there a demo out? I can't find one on the Alien Connections site, yet I notice the same static noises that the Mk II demo had. Nice clip, this software seems pretty amazing so far.

No it's a beta version, I haven't activated it yet because I'm lazy :erk:

The question is not if the HP version will support impulses, that can be solved. The question is if the input/output tweak module will be there.

For us metal guys the new input voltage slider is a must. It's a slider that adjusts the input to the amp from your pickups, for instance if you have high gain pickups a real amp will distort more, where in the digital world the input gain is the same for all guitars because it's normalised. This module solves this and you simply tell it how loud your pickups are. If you remember RevII had very little gain, it was because of that problem.

You can also EQ the input before and after the amp in this module. I'm not sure the HP version will have it.
even mk I had an input slider. I don't get it.
EDIT: do you mean in the tweak area the red arrows going to a tonestack and on a tonestack? I'll try them out. Haven't seen them untill now. thanks!

even mk I had an input slider. I don't get it.
EDIT: do you mean in the tweak area the red arrows going to a tonestack and on a tonestack? I'll try them out. Haven't seen them untill now. thanks!

There is a new section in the tweak window on every amp called "input/output signal" module. There you can EQ the input and output of the amp, and raise the signal from your guitar to the amp. If you play a digital amp, you normalise the signal into the ampsim so it's equally loud if you are playing a fender or a guitar with EMG's. With the new module a guy with a fender will get less distortion than a guy with a guitar with EMG's for instance, get it? It's not the input module on the top left corner that is in revalver II, that one just normalises the input to be as loud as possible without clipping. This new module simulates adding more volume from your guitar into a real amp.

This is cool and all but wouldn't you guys still rather mic a cab? There's a sort of pride and accomplishment that comes with getting a great sound "the old fashioned way" that sort of disappears when you just plug into your soundcard and emulate everything...

Pride? No...Sound

Making music is about what comes out of your listeners stereo speakers or your Clubs PA. Pride doesnt affect sound and has no bearing on your songs. It does no one any good. If anything, its a weakness..it certainly isnt a strength

Blackmore made the same type of comment about using heavy strings on his strat. He said he used them Only because it was harder to play--as he called people wussies who used lighter strings that were easier to play

He failed to see it was what came out of the speakers that people heard and no one, not a soul could care less if it was hard for him to play his guitar. Your listeners dont give a crap what you use--they care what goes in their ears

Pride? No...Sound

Making music is about what comes out of your listeners stereo speakers or your Clubs PA. Pride doesnt affect sound and has no bearing on your songs. It does no one any good. If anything, its a weakness..it certainly isnt a strength

Blackmore made the same type of comment about using heavy strings on his strat. He said he used them Only because it was harder to play--as he called people wussies who used lighter strings that were easier to play

He failed to see it was what came out of the speakers that people heard and no one, not a soul could care less if it was hard for him to play his guitar. Your listeners dont give a crap what you use--they care what goes in their ears

True, many people want to record on their own amps when they are in a studio even if they wan't a completely different sound than the amp. And what ever you do, don't tell a guitarist that his gear is crap they will be very offended :lol:

So, frank... now that the revalvermkiii demo is out and we can test it ourselves would you please go into more detail on the settings you used for the clip you posted? thanks.

So, frank... now that the revalvermkiii demo is out and we can test it ourselves would you please go into more detail on the settings you used for the clip you posted? thanks.

I used guitarhacks JJ Fred 45 0 impulse.

Don't remember exactly but here it goes.

Lead volume: 5
Master: 4
Bass: 8
Mid: 3.5 - 4
Treble: 5 - 5.5
Pres: 7 or more
Res: almost max
Lead gain: 6 - 6.5
Input voltage: 1 volt (in the tweak menu go to input/output).

The "Greener" was something like this:
Gain: 1
Tone: 5-8 (don't remember).
Volume: 5-6

Great tone you dialled !!

Can you comment on the RIR settings (if you used it for the impulse??) what was low, high , dist and crunch settings?

Great tone you dialled !!

Can you comment on the RIR settings (if you used it for the impulse??) what was low, high , dist and crunch settings?

Thanks man. :headbang:

Dist and chrunch were at 9 o clock, the other ones default. I told you I didn't use any kind of post eq. :loco:

Here is a small clip I did with Revalver III and the JSX, I think this program is awesome and I want to show how is sounds without any processing other than the amp, a tubescreamer and a cabinet. There are no EQ's no compressors or anything so there will be some fizz and bottom end that you would usually cut out in a mix, (and also some sloppy playing hehe). The tubescreamer is also in revalver and the impulse is guitarhacks. It's an InFlames riff and it's just a single guitartack. Enjoy ;) :headbang:

http://www.friendsofmaitreya.com/DATABASEN/Enes/Riff-03.wav

Oh BTW I should mension that my strings are quite old :erk:

Good lord! I A/B'd to my clip with the same settings, I can get a nice tone out of it but I don't even come close to that big bass punch you get around the chugga area. What's the secret to that?

I made sure I'm gettings a decent input leven + adjusted the voltage to around 3 volts.

Could you post a (recreated) screenshot of that setup, if possible?
I'm not sure if I interpret your given numbers correctly.

Also, what pickups did you use for this clip?
Btw, your palm mute technique is great, any tips on your playing style and your pickup height to the strings?

Thanks!

Good lord! I A/B'd to my clip with the same settings, I can get a nice tone out of it but I don't even come close to that big bass punch you get around the chugga area. What's the secret to that?

I made sure I'm gettings a decent input leven + adjusted the voltage to around 3 volts.

Could you post a (recreated) screenshot of that setup, if possible?
I'm not sure if I interpret your given numbers correctly.

Also, what pickups did you use for this clip?
Btw, your palm mute technique is great, any tips on your playing style and your pickup height to the strings?

Thanks!

Thanks dude! :kickass: I adjusted the voltage to 1 volt on that clip BTW.
Well my guitar is a 7 stringed with EMG's (Shecter Hellraiser). I think I played downstrokes on the palmmutes on that clip and I hit pretty hard, also when possible hit 2 or 3 strings on the palmmutes if it's a powerchord or something. My strings are 0.58 or 0.60 and they are quite high up from the fretboard (important), and the pickups are about 5-6 mm from the strings. I've noticed especially in revalver that it's very important not to have your strings too close to the fretboard or your tone wont be fat.

must be your axe then. damn that hellraiser slays.
I looked at the frequencies and your chugs are around 110hz while mine are around 150-160hz.
guess that must be the 7th string then.

and thanks for your comment on the Revalver board, I'm "kingfisher" there ;)
gonna reply there seperately.

So, the basic track sounds heavy, not a bad sounding modeler at all. If you were to ask me, "is this digital or live mic?" ...I'd have to take a listen for a few times and my conclusion likely be, hmm, I don't know, not sure. Then again, I've heard some pretty raw tube amp recordings sound great and not so good either-so it could toss either way. Not that this sounds bad at all, I think it sounds like what a JSX head pumpin through a 4x12 would sound in a flat room like..so, mission accomplished.

I see you recorded this in Riffworks. Do you have anything posted on Riffworld? or Riffworks? and if so, if you don't find it tooooo intrusive of me, what is your user name there?

I see you recorded this in Riffworks. Do you have anything posted on Riffworld? or Riffworks? and if so, if you don't find it tooooo intrusive of me, what is your user name there?

Are you talking to me? I didn't record anything in riffworks :loco: