Reviews for "Delusions"

"The production courtesy of Tower Studios and producer Brett Caldas-Lima is once again outstanding."

;) indeed, it is.

I totally agree with Julie's point of view about the image of the band, not becoming a "only the girl matters" band.

It is possible to dissect music into a thousand technical bits and analyse them aridly and intellectually. While I recognise and respect the skill of reviewers in reporting on the technical musicianship in an album and while I am prepared to endure the endless 'which genre does this belong to?' debates, I know that effective reviewers also listen with their hearts, souls and imagination. They allow the music to engage their emotions as well as their minds and they have a warm spirit. If not, they do us music fans a big disservice. I have listened to The Lie and The Asylum, both recorded and played live and the latest song Inside The Hourglass. My humble but deeply held view is that To-Mera's music is varied, creative, adventurous and progressive but above all passionate and exciting......and finally, of course, the fans will make their own minds up.

“Ok who put acid in my music?”

Good quote to describe what I have heard of the new album! Good to see many positive reviews so far.

haha! We should quit being so repetitive, apparently...

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=23873

:)
I wrote this one! Looking back, I probably didn't need to be so blunt, but I stand by my basic opinion. Luckily for you, my opinion means nothing and by reviewing the album I've probably caused more people to listen to To-Mera and love it than to agree with me. The album is currently featured on the front page and we have a little listening party up, so hopefully it works out well for you :)

Cheers for posting.

We're actually not that bothered by bad reviews since in all honesty we're kind-of used to it, haha. We understand that what we play isn't going to be for everyone, but we're very happy as a band with the final result and grateful that there are folks who do seem to like what we do as well.

I saw the front page "listening party" thing, so thanks for that. I'm enjoying the "jazz or not jazz" argument. :)

Lee