Reviews for "Delusions"

Terrorizer-March-Tomera.jpg

1 out of 5 from a Finnish webzine! http://www.noise.fi/levyarvostelut/?id=8458

Thanks to Teemu for the translation below:

“I was lied to. Someone told me this should be something like Evanescence. Screw that, this is progressive metal with a female voice. Or should I say alternative-math-jazz-black-power-prog-metal to be exact.
To be clear, I do like progressive stuff. I’ve actuoally given full five stars to prog albums and I love stuff like Opeth, but this is just too much for me. Through the whole album my mind kept saying “NO” because personally I got nothing good out of it.

What bothers me the most are those damn dun-dudu-dun-dun-dudun-dun –one-note-riffs played from some damn drop-K tune. Ok, they might work with something like Evanescence or Max Cavalera, but how many Evanescence or Sepultura songs last over 6 minutes? Not Many. But did I mention that To-Mera’s songs’ average length is more than 8 minutes? Those damn riffs come out of my ears on every single track.

At first Inside the Hourglass sounded like it would be the one track that makes some sense, after all it has a chorus and all, but goddamn. No. And those guitar solos? They’re really something that never sholud be even recorded! No feeling, just playing the weirdest possile stuff as fast as possible. And again, accompanied with that same dun-du-dudu-du –riff. Argh!

And finally, who can really take it that the drummer, guitarist and synths are all playing a different song at the same time. Please kill me already!”

:lol:

1 out of 5 from a Finnish webzine! http://www.noise.fi/levyarvostelut/?id=8458

Thanks to Teemu for the translation below:

“I was lied to. Someone told me this should be something like Evanescence. Screw that, this is progressive metal with a female voice. Or should I say alternative-math-jazz-black-power-prog-metal to be exact.
To be clear, I do like progressive stuff. I’ve actuoally given full five stars to prog albums and I love stuff like Opeth, but this is just too much for me. Through the whole album my mind kept saying “NO” because personally I got nothing good out of it.

What bothers me the most are those damn dun-dudu-dun-dun-dudun-dun –one-note-riffs played from some damn drop-K tune. Ok, they might work with something like Evanescence or Max Cavalera, but how many Evanescence or Sepultura songs last over 6 minutes? Not Many. But did I mention that To-Mera’s songs’ average length is more than 8 minutes? Those damn riffs come out of my ears on every single track.

At first Inside the Hourglass sounded like it would be the one track that makes some sense, after all it has a chorus and all, but goddamn. No. And those guitar solos? They’re really something that never sholud be even recorded! No feeling, just playing the weirdest possile stuff as fast as possible. And again, accompanied with that same dun-du-dudu-du –riff. Argh!

And finally, who can really take it that the drummer, guitarist and synths are all playing a different song at the same time. Please kill me already!”

:lol:

This one is funny.

Interview here. no idea what is says though :)

http://www.imperiumi.net/int_2.php?id=986

Lee

Trust me, we were quite faithful to your answers. And if you want, you can always post the English version here... Anyway, the ending is nearly classic: "Otat kuulemma perseeseen mielelläsi!!" which translates as "You like it in the ass, I hear!" :lol: If that won't bring you Finnish fans, I don't know what will!