RG-350DX, or RR-3?

Dec 8, 2005
Once again, I own an Epiphone Les Paul Special Plus II. I have been playing for a little over 2 years. Sadly, my Epiphone is seeing it's last days. Once it breaks, what guitar should I get. An Ibanez RG-350DX, or a Jackson RR-3. I love them both, I played them both at my local music retailer. Should I get the Ibanez, or save up to get the Jackson??

i'd personally pick the RG, for the neck joint that i've mentioned, and the wizard neck owns jackson necks, especially bolt on jackson necks... and the tremelo on the RG is of better quality. RR's might be the ultimate sit down guitar, but when talking about bolt on RR's, i would never own one. if you want an RR save up the 1000 or so it costs to get an RR5, even with no tremelo it owns an RR3.

AlexiFollower said:
if you break the neck, you're screwed

thats why i prefer bolt on's, plus i like resting my thumb on the bolt on part, whatever the hell its called
have you ever broken a neck? i own 3 neck throughs currently, and i can't say that i have, and one of my neck throughs is a 1988 Washburn EC-29. i've actually broken bolt on necks, and those bodies still don't have a replacement, and i doubt they will ever get one. but the old ibanez wizard necks before wizard II were kind of fragile.

LadyValerie said:
was that suppose to mean period?

aboutr breaking necks? how would you break a neck. if you break one you shouldnt have been doin wat you were doin. as for bolt on RR's, i own an jsr30 and it is awesome for its price but if you are gonna go with a jackson, i vote rr3 or rr1.

RR5 owns the RR3, end of discussion. neck through, comes with duncans, string through body tune-o-matic, and the abalone inlays. as well as sweeter paint job options. there is 0 comparison, and a RR3 shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as an RR1 unless its to say how shitty the RR3 is by comparison.

AlexiFollower said:
no i've never broken a neck. but i guess there is the chance of doing it. also, most of the neck-thru's have pickguards and pickguards are gay as hell
the pick guard on the RR5 and RR1 really ties it together, it is an integral part of the origional RR, hence why they have them. the RR3 is so far withdrawn from the origional RR its almost a shame they put the RR name on it, as well as the JS30/35RR...

I've actually been looking to get a new guitar, and so far i've narrowed it down to either an Ibanez or a Jackson. Jackson just cause I love the RR look but that's it, I don't know anything about guitars unfortunately.... Elysian is the Ibanez you are talking about neck-thru? I can't find out if it is for sure or not.

UV777BK%20003.jpg

this is an example of the All Access Neck Joint, as seen on my Ibanez Universe. the same neck joint thats on the expensive universe is found on most every ibanez all the way down the line for the last almost 10 years.

oops i got he rr5 and rr3 mixed sorry bout that. what is the rr5 comapred to the rr1? are you jsut paying for a tremelo and better pups? cuz if that is it id rather get the rr5 cuz im not a fan of the tremelo. and plus it isnt hard modding out the guitar even thou the rr5 pups sound nice imo

the RR5 is like a jap version of the RR1T. no tremelo, its tune-o-matic string through body, with the same pups. the RR3 comes with crappy pickups, a terrible quality tremelo, and a bolt on neck.