Rhapsody

Spectre Within X

New Metal Member
Oct 27, 2002
Michigan, USA
Visit site
Hello!! :wave:

It seems there are some Rhapsody fans here on the Symphony X board so I thought I would create a Rhapsody thread!

Rhapsody are one of my favorite bands and definitly quite talented...Luca Turilli rules!

A lot of people claim their lyrics are "cheesy" but I actually disagree. Rhapsody's lyrics reach a high point of creativity and imagination. They create wonderful medieval saga's of glory, desperation and everything in between. They are epic, they are tales of the imagination.

Sadly, not many people appreciate this aspect of Rhapsody. :cry: Although, I can easily say I do! :)

Rhapsody!

I do like some songs of Rhapsody a lot but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. I'm more into Death, thrash, prog, guitar driven metal, grindcore but they are a good band indeed.

Originally posted by Spectre Within X
Hello!! :wave:

It seems there are some Rhapsody fans here on the Symphony X board so I thought I would create a Rhapsody thread!

Rhapsody are one of my favorite bands and definitly quite talented...Luca Turilli rules!

A lot of people claim their lyrics are "cheesy" but I actually disagree. Rhapsody's lyrics reach a high point of creativity and imagination. They create wonderful medieval saga's of glory, desperation and everything in between. They are epic, they are tales of the imagination.

Sadly, not many people appreciate this aspect of Rhapsody. :cry: Although, I can easily say I do! :)

Rhapsody!

Rhapsody used to be a great band, their first disc (legendary tales) is great, however they havent developed new ideas, i mean they are always thinking about dragons and gnomes and all that stuff. As musicians they arent as good as other groups.
I dont care about the sagas i care about the music and the lyrics and for me, their lyrics dont bring nothing.

I've been a huge fan just 'till I saw them live, they simply can't play their songs live, first tour, they switched intro's "sorry, this is the next one" and this tour, you could still hear a mix of loads of samples in cd-quality and a poor livesound by the band.

no more Rhapsody-concerts for me, but I still love their albums, ciao, MHB ;)

I think they are quite horrible. They are almost like a boy band- they have everything what an average metalhead of europe needs- ultra-cheesy music and ultra cheesy lyrics about dungeon and dragons. I mean they classify thesmelves as Hollywood metal- I mean just that shows you what a piece of plastic they are.
It's my opinion anyway, so leave me alone...

get over it buddy, it's his opinion let him live with it and I don't see any complexity or whatsoever in their music there, are lots of bands more complex than Rhapsody (and complexity isn't everything).

yeah you're right, black metal bands often do that but there are some Death metal bands also that are influenced by classical music.

I said Death metal not melodic death metal:p but anyway other Melodic death metal bands are Soilwork, Arch Enemy and At The Gates and btw a Death metal band with classical influences is Darkane:D

Rhapsody is my favorite band, even though at times they are cheesy. Im guessing that eventually this thread will get bashed just like all the ones i made in the past. hopefully not and Rhapsody does need its own forum. :headbang:

Well, I just got Power of the Dragonflame a couple of weeks ago. I think it is a good CD that is really fun to sing along to. I do find it a tad corny even though I have dragon posters hanging in my room and dragon pictures on my binder. It is a pretty good CD but it'd defiantley not gonna make my top ten albums of 2002 list.

Rhapsody is one of my top 10 fav. bands. I'm yet to hear a band who mixes classical music as good as Rhapsody. Neither Symphony X nor Trans Siberian Orchestra, NO ONE, I've heard so far does it as good as them.

Luca Turilli is pure genius, he's style of playing has kinda (KINDA!) like the same approach of Michael Romeo, where he doesn't do a 3 minute solo just for the fun of it unlike most guitarist in the Power Metal genre, he creates a whole musical passage for the solo...

Rhapsody's music is more complex than most people give it credit for, and I never would expect them to be good live. Considering they usually have over 10 musicians in their albums and use a lot dubbed, I give them credit for even trying. Until they have a budget big enough to tour with a full orchestra with them, it'll be hard to hear them pull a good live sound.

Oh and "The Dark Tower Of Abyss" is still the best power metal song EVER! :D

PEACE...