Rhapsody

Originally posted by SymphonyOfDreams
Rhapsody is one of my top 10 fav. bands. I'm yet to hear a band who mixes classical music as good as Rhapsody. Neither Symphony X nor Trans Siberian Orchestra, NO ONE, I've heard so far does it as good as them.
Rhapsody's music is more complex than most people give it credit for, and I never would expect them to be good live. Considering they usually have over 10 musicians in their albums and use a lot dubbed, I give them credit for even trying. Until they have a budget big enough to tour with a full orchestra with them, it'll be hard to hear them pull a good live sound.

Oh and "The Dark Tower Of Abyss" is still the best power metal song EVER! :D

Well id have to say you are right and yes The Dark Tower of Abyss is the best song written in the power metal genre. I know Lux Triuphans well agree to that too! ;) You sound like your as big a fan of them as i am. I have all the albums plus two singles which is hard to do when you live in america! So i am the most die hard Rhapsody fan in america who will do anything to move to Italy!

Rhapsody is a great band, though I do agree that sometimes the lyrics get cheesey, not because of what they are about, but sometimes the way they present the subject just sounds goofy, and all the narration kinda spoils things sometimes. I think that overall that they are a really great band and they seem to be getting better as they age, not worse, i think dragonflame is an excellent album, Gargoyles is one of their all time best songs.

As for good melodic death metal bands, check out Throne of Chaos, CHildren of Bodom, and Skyfire

Rhapsody takes themself too seriously. They don't have a single shred of irony in their stuff, which imo is seriously needed in that kind of metal. I saw one of their interviews a while back in this metal show and Turilli just couldn't stop praising his band. He made it sound like he had the greatest band in the planet. Maybe it's an Italian thing, I don't know but I didn't appreciate his attitude. A good example for classical instrument use in power metal is Rage: The Lingua Mortis and XIII albums. (maybe even the first half of Ghosts)

Originally posted by Dado-x
I think they are quite horrible. They are almost like a boy band- they have everything what an average metalhead of europe needs- ultra-cheesy music and ultra cheesy lyrics about dungeon and dragons. I mean they classify thesmelves as Hollywood metal- I mean just that shows you what a piece of plastic they are.
It's my opinion anyway, so leave me alone...

Hello!! :wave:

Symphony X has D&D type of lyrics too...the Accolode for example, that is medevial based. There is nothing wrong with fantasy stories.

Originally posted by Spectre Within X
Hello!! :wave:

Symphony X has D&D type of lyrics too...the Accolode for example, that is medevial based. There is nothing wrong with fantasy stories.

Nothing wrong with them, if they are not some testosterone-macho-I-shall-save-the-princess stupidity. Accolade is about a child dreaming of becoming a knight, who at the end of the story throws away his wooden sword to find a way of life without vioelence. Now, Rhapsody, it's always some evil bastard he' s going to get even with- glory, pride and bloodshed. :puke:
Don't get me started about their glorious medieval words as 'fuck' and 'shit'. Symphony X's lyrics can be put in medieval times or renessaince, but they are always very melancholic, personal. They write their stuff with style and passion, Rhapsody just seems to have a dictionary of 'Grand' words and produce more cheese than entire Switzerland.

Oh, and hello BTW :) ;)