Rhythmically complex metal

What you want in your gullet is some Mastodon, some Mouth Of The Architect, and some of The Ocean. All great stuff and rhythmically interestante.

Aghora_Formless.jpg

Aghora (2006) Formless

:worship:

Yup, nothing like Meshuggah, but amazing shit & quite the Progressive band ;)

I could suggest "Coprofago - Unorthodox Creative Criteria" if you haven't heard it before.

Another one where the drum performance really stands out for me is "Dim Mak - Knives of Ice"

Antigama might be what you're looking for if you haven't heard them yet. The drummer is particularly off-beat and the guitarist is no slouch himself.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'd heard of these guys and had been meaning to check them out. Pretty good stuff.

I could suggest "Coprofago - Unorthodox Creative Criteria" if you haven't heard it before.

Another one where the drum performance really stands out for me is "Dim Mak - Knives of Ice"

Great band, but that was one of the ones I used as an example. I just recently discovered them. Still need to pick up "Unorthodox..."

Wetwork is cool, but I hate them because I am doing a noise project with another guy (the ex-Dataclast vocalist if you know them, they're digigrind) and we wanted to use that name...we had to put a space between the words. :erk:

Haha, that sucks man. It seems like you always drop off the earth for a couple months, then come back to the forum out of nowhere. Anyways, cool that your back, same goes for Carcassian.

Antigama might be what you're looking for if you haven't heard them yet. The drummer is particularly off-beat and the guitarist is no slouch himself.

Liking this band very much, cheers. And Jim O))), if you're into Antigama, check out Car_Bomb.

Great band, but that was one of the ones I used as an example. I just recently discovered them. Still need to pick up "Unorthodox..."

Genesis is their best work imo. Unorthodox.. goes way too far into Meshuggah territory.

Also, I'd recommend you check out the Coroner albums - Mental Vortex and Grin if you haven't.