Ribbon Mics on Guitar Cabs?

Thanks for the responses. I'm looking at using it to thicken up an SM57 for my doom/dark metal project where tightness and clarity aren't quite as important. I'm tempted to pick up an rb100 just to help 'learn' ribbon mic positioning. By all accounts 6-12" off the grill and slightly angled away from the cloth seems to be the place to put them.

in my experience the rb100 will work well for you then. It can add a lot of "darkness" to the sound; without being to boomy or harsh. It's cheap anyway, so have a shot had it. I know Seizure on this board had some killer results with doom/dark project using a ribbon amongst other mics! Be very careful in handling them tho!

in my experience the rb100 will work well for you then. It can add a lot of "darkness" to the sound; without being to boomy or harsh. It's cheap anyway, so have a shot had it. I know Seizure on this board had some killer results with doom/dark project using a ribbon amongst other mics! Be very careful in handling them tho!

Haha, yeah I'm really nervous I'll break it immediately, it better come in a damn good box!

I've become quite interested in the Cascade Fathead II since yesterday haha

However, in my research I read that the Karma K6 ribbon is a step up from the Fathead, yet it's the same price. Anyone have any experience?