RIP Gary Gygax

The monkeys and I enjoyed some of his books back in the old days.

From Wikipedia, the most reliable source of nerd knowledge on the net.

"Gygax died the morning of March 4, 2008, at his home in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.[8] He was in semi-retirement,[2] having almost suffered a heart attack after receiving incorrect medication[4] to prevent further strokes after those on April 1 and May 4, 2004. He was diagnosed with an inoperable abdominal aortic aneurysm. Even while his health failed, gaming remained very much a part of his life"

that's actually pretty sad.

without him and his creation of Dungeons & Dragons I would've had a pretty boring time in my early teenage years.

lets hope that they dedicated D&D 4th edition to him and add back some of his classic monsters that they removed from 2nd and 3rd edition.

ALL HAIL THE DUNGEON MASTER!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Have Megadeth announced they're doing a tribute to Gary Gygax? :err:

Wouldn't be surprised if they are or any other metal band did.

People have already started the joke that Vin Diesel (self-confused D&D fan and player) has been announce to play Gygax bio-pic.

He hate a lot of fans out there who went on to become very famous, so don't be surprised who says what they may do in tribute.

WOW just listened to Lord man this sounds awesome,never got into Dungeon cause i was'nt into power metal at the time,awesome Aussie Metal!! Grats
RIP Gary Gygax

There are fourteen memorial groups on Facebook already. My favourite title: "Let's save up money to buy a Ring of 3 Wishes to Resurrect Gary Gygax!".

^^ HAHA!

WOW just listened to Lord man this sounds awesome,never got into Dungeon cause i was'nt into power metal at the time,awesome Aussie Metal!! Grats

Cheers, man! Dungeon was never really that typical kind of "fairies riding mighty dragons in the enchanted magical forest with our swooorrrrdddsssss" band (regardless of how bad we dressed :p) but I think LORD has probably even moved further away from that kind of sound and is a lot more diverse than Dungeon ever was. But yeah, I do appreciate you saying that! :)

I gotta say that if it wasn't for Gary Gygax, Dungeon probably would have never been called that - the name came from just noticing a bunch of AD&D reference guides one day and our drummer goes "Just call it Dungeon" and I go "pfft, whatever, we'll just change it next week..." Whether that ended up being a good or bad thing ultimately is a different story, but I guess I owe Gary for that one either way!

I spent MANY a night huddled around a table eating pizza and drinking far too much coffee yelling "TWENNY!!!! DOUBLE DAMAGE!!" at equally nerdy looking kids thanks to that guy! :p

EDIT: Don't mistake my kidding around as disrespect towards Gary, though, it's still very sad news.