Rites Of Darkness

Got my ticket for this. Also hoping to go to either The Power of the Riff fest in LA (Eyehategod, Pentagram, Winter, Pelican and more) or The Gathering of the Bestial Legion (Incantation, Autoopsy, Ares Kingdom, Noctuary and more tba), both in August.

I'm not going to rites anymore after more bands for mdf were announced. So I'm selling my ticket, one guysaid he wants it but hasn't sent the money yet, he also seems kind of flakey. If anyone here is interested let me know!

I'm kinda pissed about the MDF announcements >.> because this means I'm possibly not going to RoD now and I miss out on Ares Kingdom >:I but I can't reasonably pass up Saint Vitus ever

Am I the only one who thinks the Rites line-up is still far superior?

I'd imagine so.

The only bands on RoD now that are absolute MUST SEES are Demigod and Ares Kingdom. So far MDF already has Morbid Angel, Saint Vitus, Suffocation, Church of Misery, Demigod, Negura Bunget, and October 31 as must see bands.

I'd imagine so.

The only bands on RoD now that are absolute MUST SEES are Demigod and Ares Kingdom. So far MDF already has Morbid Angel, Saint Vitus, Suffocation, Church of Misery, Demigod, Negura Bunget, and October 31 as must see bands.

Suffocation is not a "MUST SEE" band considering you can catch them playing in a town near you with some shitty deathcore bands 2-3 times a year.Negura Bunget would be cool if they didn't suck ass and seeing MA live is fucking stupid these days.

I'll take Zemial, Root, Mortuary Drape, Antaeus, Birth A.D., Blaspherian, Cruciamentum, Hour of 13, Ignivomous, Impetuous Ritual, Midnight, Sargeist, Vasaeleth, and Weapon over most of the bands at MDF.

I'm still going though, don't get me wrong here. I just can't believe how everyone is blowing their loads already to MDF after a few shitty bands are announced.

Even with Electric Wizard now at MDF, I still think the Rites lineup is far superior. However, it will cost me about 1/4 the money to go to next year's MDF than to get myself all the way to RoD.

So far the only two bands I really really want to see at MDF 2012 are Saint Vitus and Demigod(who are playing at RoD anyways). If Ray is correct, Morbid Angel might be cool, but then again he saw them in 2006 which was before what we knew what horrendous things (not in the cool way) were capable of.

Also it's still pretty early as far as MDF is concerned and chances are pretty high that a bunch of more awesome bands will be announced (hoping for Pagan Altar or Manilla Road which if either are announced it destroy RoD)

So far it's still superior, but Electric Wizard is one of my favorite bands, and there is no way I am missing them. Just not sure if I can make both ROD and MDF. I'll try, though.