Road crew

wm_crash

JaKoo-Zee MC
Dec 1, 2008
Wilmington, DE - USA
Howdy,

What exactly are the tech support crew saying in Finnish when they test the microphones? For some reason, it just sounds really funny compared to the plain "check one two three check" that I am used to. At least half the audience was laughing during the mike check, both at the Turisas show and at Sonata Arctica a while back.

Not that the techs cared . . . they just got things running smooth and just got out of the way :kickass:

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

I have no idea... All I know is that when Warlord was soundchecking at Hard Rock Hell Festival last year he was swearing...
the conversation went:
Katie - Mika, what's he saying
Mika - he's swearing
five minutes later
Katie - what's he saying now?
Mika - He's still swearing

:p

mostly it like louder, less loud, higher or deeper, can´t hear myself on the monitor etc - all concerning the sound,surely, swearing appears aswell but usually (^^)not that much, at least not whenever I saw finnish bands doing soundchecks...
but indeed, sounds quite different, and at the beginning quite amusing - but I´ve come so far I even dont recognize anymore what language it is, I guess they could say my name for mic-check and I´d even not notice anymore XD

if it includes sth like "yks(i), kaks(i), yks(i), kaks(i)" the you´d have your "1, 2, 1, 2..." ^^