Rock

This is really hard, because I feel like no matter what I post, you've heard it before. And AiC is grunge bordering on metal to me, Tool is some unique category.
But yeah, Black Sabbath (Vol 4-Sabotage), Rush, Rainbow, Hendrix. Whoever said Rush didn't sound dated.. I kinda got a laugh out of that, but they're kind of a mix. Some doesn't sound dated, some albums sound right out of whatever year they came from, stamped with 70s/80s all over them.

And I keep on trying to get people to like Bruce Dickinson's album Skunkworks. Very rock-y, not metal-y. I recommend that for everyone ever, unless they're stupid.

I find most Porcupine Tree hard to swallow. Pretentious, precious and perfectionist, it goes against what I think good rock should be. Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are great because they are not always perfect, they just rock out with their often croaky vocals and dirty, screechy guitars. Give me that over the sterile, coma-inducing music of PT any day.

DANZIG! Although arguably dark/melodic heavy metal. But it still rocks. Plus, regardless of being metal, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Bruce Dickinson, Slough Feg etc. all "rock" to me.

Guns N Roses
Thin Lizzy
Kyuss

I have been urning for some good rock and roll, and I can't seem to find anything good, and I assume that if people know their metal then they will know their rock. I enjoy the usuals, Led Zepplin, Tool, Alice in Chains, and Deep Purple.

Thanks for your time.

You should definitely listen to old music.
jimi hendrix festival woodstock 1969
;)

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
You should definitely listen to old music.
jimi hendrix festival woodstock 1969
;)

wow thanks for the bump. I have found a lot of shit, and indeed jimi is good.

in the mid '00s we used to invite swizzlenuts to every multi convo on msn and he never once said anything and it was a running joke for years, and then one day he finally said something and ruined it forever.

LOL FUCK. You're still a fuckwad though.