Rome: Total War

Well, the Norse were relatively quiet until Norway started to become over-populated in the 8th century A.D. (I am sure you know this already.) Seeing this, I am not too sure if there would be a Norse minor-faction. There's also Northern Scotland and Ireland included in the campaign. But this is a game where you can change the course of history. I bet Scandinavia was included for the fact that Germania can open a large trade route in the North and Baltic Seas and become very powerful (and wealthy). Either that or the Scythians could easily march up towards the Baltic Sea and conquer it and reap it's benefits. I bet that the Baltic and North Seas are the best place to set up a fishing empire in RTW. I am geussing you can have the potential of colonizing Sweden and creating a large city where present day Stockholm is. (since Stockholm is a great trading port). Also the area around where you live (in Malmo that is), is really good for a trading port too. I bet either one of these cities are going to be the capitals of the Sweden province.

But to your sort of answer your question: It wouldn't surprise me if CA added a Norse-like minor faction that is stationed in Denmark and/or Sweden. But then again, not much was known about Sweden back then, seeing as though not many people ventured there (i.e. the Romans did not explore Sweden before 14 A.D) You can count on several Gallic and Germanic minor-factions to be in the game. I believe the Jews are a minor faction in RTW.

Edit: Yes 200th post! I think we now may have beatin the record for most posts dedicated to one single video game with just two people posting! This thread has racked up our post counts. We each have at least 90 posts in this thread alone.

Interesting.
Well I hope there is one even if it is just minor but we were like just entering the iron-age
at that time so, just as long as they don't make us a part of germania because I hate that.
And I made 3 general speeches at legiontotalwar.

I'm going to check them out.

Welp I'm back ten minutes later from reading your post.

Those are hilarious! Mine are a bit hard to find. They are all on the 3rd page I believe. I'm going to bring back that thread and make some more.

By the way, there's a new unit over at totalwar.com
It's the Parthian Cataphracts.

Man, both Total War forums have been loaded with new users these past couple of days. I geuss RTW is finally being recognised for it's greatness! There's about 4,500 members and growing over at the Legiontotalwar forums. There's 12,800 members registered at the official Total War forums over at totalwar.com.

They have nothing on Ultimatemetal since we have 32,288 members here.

True, true, but 2 million+ bought Medieval: Total War and about 1-1.5 Million people bought Shogun: Total War. With all the hype surrounding Rome: Total War, there will be 3-5 million RTW games sold.

But actually some games like Final Fantasy maybe more popular than metal. I am not sure what the estimates of how many metal fans there are in the world today.

I really believe the guys filtered almost every bug out in RTW. I bet that's why they delayed a release date from Summer of 2004 to Fall of 2004. I just hope the CTD problem is gone. I had minor CTD problems on both Total War games. There's some bugs/glitches I found in the RTW videos, but I am certain those were taken care of.

<random> You shouldn't gage a forum's size by number of members alone. You should look at members, posts and threads combined :) </random>

Hey TB666, have you checked out the new Hellenic: Total War mod that was released on July 1st? It now has Elephants, Chariots, and Battering Rams. I like it very much. I think every unit in HTW 2.1 was reworked.
I kicked some ass just now with the Spartans!

You will too! Or at least you'll kill me. TB666 will annihilate you with his pagan blood! I'm still a novice at the game compared to some people. I've only played on multiplayer in Medival: Total War 5 times. I have 2 victories and 3 loses behind my belt.

How about you TB, what's your record on multiplayer in MTW?

Well my medieval is downloaded so I can't play MP.
Hey TB666, have you checked out the new Hellenic: Total War mod that was released on July 1st? It now has Elephants, Chariots, and Battering Rams. I like it very much. I think every unit in HTW 2.1 was reworked.
I kicked some ass just now with the Spartans!
Well I just uninstalled Medieval because I downloaded the XL mod and it fucked up the entire game and I'm too tired with that game to install it again(with the CTD it is not very fun).
I think I will play Battlefield Vietnam or Call of Duty until the Rome: Total war demo is out(which I hope is soon so I can see if they have solved the CTD problem)

Darkness Eternal said:
It'll have online play, right?
Yeah, definetly. That's one of the many highpoints of the game. You test your skills (and your mind) against other people. Just beware of the genuises who take up to one hour just to deploy their guys and then whip your ass in about ten minutes. It's going to be really fun though.