Rome: Total War

They do sound like they suck big.
I would never do that.
It only takes me 10 minutes when I play(and that is because I can never get the troops to look the right way :Smug: )
Damn there is alot of bitching on the forums about the headhurlers and flaming pigs.
Can't these people get into their small heads that these units were real.

Well, the flaming pigs were only documented being used once or twice. Headhurlers were definetly real though. Now true throwing a head (covered in lyme) cannot kill a person, but it can burn the skin real badly. Thus, you are basically useless as a warrior, because ignoring a burn like that is quite hard to do. I am hoping those headhurlers demoralize the enemy, but not kill the enemy. The flaming pigs were implemented only to help balance the game against those hard to kill elephants. So, you'll hear no complaints from me. I just wonder how I'm going to kill those pesky Charioteers!

Well they will demoralize the enemy, it did say that in the unit profile.
Well I think they are cool and I can't wait to use them against rome.
Isn't the cavalry suppose to take out the chariots.

Yep, what TB666 said. This is like Risk, 3-D chess, and Civilization 3 all rolled into one. The campaign map sort of resembles the game of Risk. The 3-D chess part comes in on the battlefield. I say that because it is quite difficult to win (but it is possible) when your enemy captures or kills your king. So you want to protect your king with your infantry (pawns) and cavalry (knights). You do all of this while trying to kill or capture the enemy king, although this is not needed in order to win the battle.

If you like Age of Empires, Cossacks, and Warcraft 3, you are going to drool over Rome: Total War. No it's not anything like those other games, but they are in the same genre.

TB666: Yeah, I know Cavalry will be able to take out charioteers, but I am not sure as to how effective they can take the chariots out. You're going to probably have to sacrifice a unit of cavalry just to destroy a small band of chariots.

I nearly pissed my pants when I watched that movie! That's by far the best one they have made. That has definetly renewed my interest in RTW to an even higher level. I'm not sure if that's possible, but somehow it is.

On another note: why the hell is this messageboard lagging? We just now switched servers didn't we?

I didn't like Civilization that much,it was a bit too slow for me.
I just got Medieval:Total War
It never got my eye but since you two talked wonders about it I went out and bought it
I hope I like it or you two will have to pay me :lol: