Roope Latvala

SinergyBodom

ADM1NISTRATOR
Oct 26, 2007
Towards Dead End
Anyone notice how underrated Roope is? I mean he was Alexi's teacher and he gets no credit as being a great guitarists. Alexi may have progressed farther than Roope, but Roope is still damn good. Why the hell doesn't he have and ESP Signature? Now that I'm done venting, anyone feel like discussing this?

Do you think endorsement deals are given to the most talented people? Alexi get's it, because people buy Alexi's stuff.

Ugh, dude...

http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod4110.htm

qx3n2e.jpg

ESP didn't choose the fuckin' shape, it's all Roope's specs!!!

:lol: But why wouldn't he go with a 24 fret scale? Whatever, artist signature models sell due to the amount of exposure and the "image" of the band.

I think you mentioned somewhere that guitarists in the COB forum have RR-style Vs, in the Racer X forum people have Ibanez RG models, and in the Nevermore forum people have 7-string superstrat type guitars. It just goes to show exposure and image have a lot of influence on someones decision on purchasing a guitar.

Anyone notice how underrated Roope is? I mean he was Alexi's teacher and he gets no credit as being a great guitarists. Alexi may have progressed farther than Roope, but Roope is still damn good. Why the hell doesn't he have and ESP Signature? Now that I'm done venting, anyone feel like discussing this?

how are you going to make this thread with you Alexi Sig?:lol::lol:

:lol: But why wouldn't he go with a 24 fret scale? Whatever, artist signature models sell due to the amount of exposure and the "image" of the band.

I think you mentioned somewhere that guitarists in the COB forum have RR-style Vs, in the Racer X forum people have Ibanez RG models, and in the Nevermore forum people have 7-string superstrat type guitars. It just goes to show exposure and image have a lot of influence on someones decision on purchasing a guitar.

duh. its only natural to want to sound like your heroes. what do you think the whole point of "influences" is? :lol:

you play what you like etc.

duh. its only natural to want to sound like your heroes. what do you think the whole point of "influences" is? :lol:

you play what you like etc.

You are missing my point. People want to look like their idols. I probably struck a chord with you because you have an Alexi guitar yourself, and no negative feelings toward you, but as weird as it sounds there is an attraction that fanboys develop towards Alexi. Have you ever wondered why people are starting to paint their nails, wear eyeliner, and even dress like Alexi :lol: Not to many people want to look like Roope. You can't tell me you bought Alexi's guitar because it was the ideal guitar, it only has one pickup. Am I a dick? Yes :O kthxbye

You are missing my point. People want to look like their idols. I probably struck a chord with you because you have an Alexi guitar yourself, and no negative feelings toward you, but as weird as it sounds there is an attraction that fanboys develop towards Alexi. Have you ever wondered why people are starting to paint their nails, wear eyeliner, and even dress like Alexi :lol: Not to many people want to look like Roope. You can't tell me you bought Alexi's guitar because it was the ideal guitar, it only has one pickup. Am I a dick? Yes :O kthxbye

of course. that actually is my point, cant really say it better. :lol:

the jock is going to wear jerseys of his favorite athlete. the anime junkie is going to buy those stupid fucking naruto headbands :p. the nerd is going to dress nicely every day and look sharp. the rocker is going to wear a ponytail and play guitar. we express ourselves etc. however, I would like to point out that my ESP kicks a ton of ass regardless, i wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a high quality guitar. it plays beautifully, albeit i still need to change the damn pickup :lol:)

I like Gus G better too. I don;t liek how Roope's head stock looks like cock

cock? :lol:

of course. that actually is my point, cant really say it better. :lol:

the jock is going to wear jerseys of his favorite athlete. the anime junkie is going to buy those stupid fucking naruto headbands :p. the nerd is going to dress nicely every day and look sharp. the rocker is going to wear a ponytail and play guitar. we express ourselves etc. however, I would like to point out that my ESP kicks a ton of ass regardless, i wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a high quality guitar. it plays beautifully, albeit i still need to change the damn pickup :lol:)

Yup, just like how I am planning to get a Loomis signature. Hypocrite, I know :lol: It seems like the ideal guitar to me, though active pickups aren't my fancy. If it is good enough for him, it is damn well to good for me!

Yup, just like how I am planning to get a Loomis signature. Hypocrite, I know :lol: It seems like the ideal guitar to me, though active pickups aren't my fancy. If it is good enough for him, it is damn well to good for me!

basically. and its not hypocritical cause you never degraded people for looking/acting/wanting to be like their idols, just pointed it out. if i got another guitar, i think i'd want a 7 string OFR actually.