Roundhouse Tapes DVD

Yeah, I'd read that too. I think it's in some diary at opeth.com, or in his blog. I definitely agree about the vocals, the roundhouse versions exceed the album versions in pretty much every single case. It's interesting to see how Mikael's improved as a singer just these few years. Not that he was bad before, but Lamentations was a bit rough around the edges on the clean stuff. On Roundhouse everything seems pitch perfect to me. I'll definitely get the DVD.

I said it beofre and Ill say it again....nothign beats watvhing the mighty Opeth on ure freakin freakin giant 40 inchh HDTV.....heck I might even shell ot for those blu rays If they coe out with one............needless to say...im def. looking forward to it and gonna buy it ASAP...in my house.....everytie opeth releases someting.....its treated like a main event.....hahahhaa.....everything else becomes 2nd priority....hahaha......PEAC EOUT

well for a start the 2 year gap between the show and release date certainly has alot to do with me purchasing with this release. It just seems out of date now

The time gap between the actual show and the release date doesn't bother me in the least (Well, except for the fact that we've all had to wait so long). I just look at it as the documentation of that incarnation of the band during that particular time period.

I'm VERY excited about the release of this DVD. I love the Lamentations DVD, but the Roundhouse CD's sound even better. The band sounds tighter and play together as more of a cohesive unit then they did on Lamentations. Don't get me wrong, Lamentations was great. But Mikael (and the rest of the group) just seemed more relaxed and played more in the grove on Roundhouse.

As others have stated, I don't understand why they didn't release both Lamentations and Roundhouse as a DVD/CD combo. I just hope that the wait for the DVD means they are packing it full of lots of extras.

For me, the Roundhouse cd is one of the all time best live albums, up there with "unleashed in the east" and "strangers in the night"..I think I might have listened to it more than any of the studio albums!..just a great track list and perfect performances.

huh???why you know this???details please????

My hope is still the add-on of the mellotronen boat gig on the bonus dvd. I also love to know more about the soundcheck footage...is it full songs??? songs not played on the set???

in this day and age bluray is mandatory!
especialy if its about sound => umcompressed audio for the win.

but i couldnt find info on a possible bluray offering...

My hope is still the add-on of the mellotronen boat gig on the bonus dvd. I also love to know more about the soundcheck footage...is it full songs??? songs not played on the set???

A little bird told me.
Sorry, I think I can say that the reason behind the delay isn't any sudden inclusion of previously unknown extra material, a BlueRay release or anything like that.

A little bird told me.
Sorry, I think I can say that the reason behind the delay isn't any sudden inclusion of previously unknown extra material, a BlueRay release or anything like that.

Did you sign a contract saying you would never mention the reasons behind the delay? Come one tell us.......me.

well I wont bother buying this now, not to be cynical or anything but; it's just lost it's appeal to me now. I will watch it someday though. Buying it? No way