Roundhouse Tapes on Blu-ray?

i think the chances are slim to none, i have a ps3 so i'd like nothing more than a blu ray release, but i honestly can't see it happening.

I was just reading an article about Blu-ray accounting for only 5% of the dvd/blu-ray market (in the US), don't know the worldwide figure, but it wouldn't be high. So I doubt an Opeth dvd being released on blu-ray is a very wise thing as it wouldn't sell too well. I have a ps3 as well, but I'm not upgrading to a whole blu-ray set up till it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get going.

It was indeed recorded in HD but I seriously doubt it will be released in Blu-ray anytime soon. When it was filmed, the anticipation of most consumers transitioning to HD players was fairly high. It has turned out to be the opposite. For most consumers, standard DVD's are good enough and the cost to buy an HDTV and an HD player are not worth it, especially when new movies cost $30-35 versus $15-20 for a standard DVD. I have shown friends an upscaled standard DVD and a HD-DVD movie and they couldn't tell the difference. While I can see the difference, I think a lot of people just don't care. Since Blu-ray production doesn't use the same equipment as standard DVD, Roadrunner would have to twice the upfront costs to make both Blu-ray and standard DVD's. Since the standard DVD version will probably only sell 10,000 copies (isn't that about what Lamentations has sold?), I would estimate the Blu-ray version would sell 1,000 copies max. I doubt it is worth it to them.

If you have a ps3, why would you need to upgrade to a "whole blu-ray set up"? You mean for sound and TV Monitor? The ps3 is a fine blu-ray player in it's own right. I love that thing.
Yeah for sound/video. The whole HD 7.1 surround sound thing is rather expensive. When HD tv's are within a decent price (although it's not far off it nowadays) and a blu-ray surround sound system is available at a decent price I'll upgrade. Plus blu-ray's a way more expensive than dvds. When everything gets cheaper I'll get it haha. I pretty much use my ps3 just for games, I have a 720i using a S Video link which looks pretty good, but nothing compared to how it would look on a HDMI connection. New HD tv is the next step and a good LCD is around 1.5k- 2k so I'll pick one up fairly soon.

I believe that the first 1000 preordered from Peaceville/Burning Shed will be special edition. That's where it sends you when you click "Pre-Order the Special Edition."

I think they would have not only announced it - but be taking pre-orders for a Blu-ray version if it was gonna be released.
Would be amazing though :headbang: