ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #6: Remember the Fallen

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
...like Agalloch. RULES: Only votes from people who have posted on the RC forum before this poll will be counted, so don't bother going to other forums asking for help. Please DELETE the band you're NOT voting for in each line instead of highlighting the one you vote for with boldface or italic. This helps a lot when counting votes, thanks. This round closes in two days. Have fun.

Bracket 1:
Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" vs. Iron Maiden "Powerslave"

Bracket 2:
Metallica "Ride the Lightning" vs. Katatonia "Brave Murder Day"

As much as I like the Burzum and Katatonia.....

Power-FUCKING-slave

IronMaiden_Powerslave.jpg

Ride the FUCKING Lightning

metallicaridethelightning.jpg

METAL = :kickass:

Erik said:
what drugs are you on
At least I know how to cut & paste correctly. :loco:

Regardless of my avatar, if Brave Murder Day wins I'll be okay with it. It's a great album. But Ride the Lightning should take home the crown because

FREEZING!!!
(freezing!)
Can't move at all
SCREAMING!!!
(Screaming!)
Can't hear my call
I am dying to live
CRY OUT!!!
I'm trapped under ice

Yes, since everyone will jump on the "Bandwagon of Erik" TM, the least I can do is make it just a little more difficult by convoluting the spelling...muwahahaha....such 3v1l trickery!!... :heh:

Erik said:
Yeah, and a Ride the Lightning win would practically be a Megadeth win anyway what with all the Mustaine shit :loco:

Part-time thrasher alert!! :p Did J steal your UM password? :loco:

Bracket 1:
Iron Maiden "Powerslave"

Bracket 2:
Metallica "Ride the Lightning"

METAL is about BANGING your head, not crying about your girlfriend!

Erik said:
Yeah, and a Ride the Lightning win would practically be a Megadeth win anyway what with all the Mustaine shit :loco:
Why else would it be so good? :kickass:

I haven't engaged in a 20 minute jam of Call of Ktulu in some years, if Ride the Lightning wins I'll call up my thrasher friends and do so in Triumphant Celebration!!! Otherwise I'll call them anyhow and engage in Authentic Metallica Mourning with a.... 30 MINUTE VERSION!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I recently read that Mustaine's involvement on Ride the Lightning was minimal but that's probably some Lars-inspired bullshit, surfacing 20 years later or something.
Crimson Velvet said:
I demand that you record it!
It shall be done.

Last time (which was the only time), my shredder friend and I were just jamming on random shit, and he started playing Ktulu so I joined in, and the reason it went on for about 15 or 20 minutes is because neither of us knew when to end it! :tickled:

Bracket 1:
Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss"

Bracket 2:
Katatonia "Brave Murder Day"

don't really care anymore as long as radio-friendly Maiden doesn't win.