ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #5: The Day Katatonia Killed Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different strokes for different folks, but I totally humble myself in the aura of that album.

by the way: I think I'm the only person EVER that thinks "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" is better than "Det Som Engang Var". (I'm talking about the songs here, not the albums). While DSEV is certainly one of the top 5 songs of all time, HLTO has this certain atmosphere and agression to it that completely floors me... wow.

willis.jpg

So Burzum beats Drudkh hands down....but Drudkh beats "Rust in Peace" by 1 vote???

WORLD IS COLLAPSING ALL AROUND!!!! IT'S Y2K ALL OVER AGAIN!! THE APES SPEAK!

Obviously, because the people who like Drudkh like Burzum better by default (since Drudkh is a Burzum clone, and obviously the original is far better) but the people who like Megadeth are a different crowd entirely, who are living in the fucking past and wouldn't have heard of metal existing at all after 1991.

When it comes to metal, thank god for the past. Originality is a good thing I think.

Also, here's an interesting thought: Some people have been buying albums since the 70's and 80s, right through to today. Some people have been buying albums for the last 12 months. :lol:

Erik said:
obviously the original is far better . . . different crowd entirely, who are living in the fucking past
Nice logic there. ;)
JayKeeley said:
Also, here's an interesting thought: Some people have been buying albums since the 70's and 80s, right through to today. Some people have been buying albums for the last 12 months. :lol:
Aye. I think it's important to take into consideration the time period an album was released, which is extremely easy to do when you first hear an album when it's released.

Note: I heard Rust in Peace for the first time in 1992, that was close enough. :Spin:

JayKeeley said:
When it comes to metal, thank god for the past. Originality is a good thing I think.

Yeah but I doubt you buying
cover5.jpg

at age 5 gives you any more credibility. Sure, I've only been listening to metal and buying albums for for 8 years, but at least I've been buying shit ranging from 1970 and onward, so in conclusion, yuo = fag hat and it is thusly proven that Rust in Peace isn't as good as you think it is, also chocolate icecream > vanilla

I bought "Rust in Peace" in 1990 or '91, and it didn't exactly floor me, like, say, Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, Metal Church, Destruction, Overkill and the likes did when I first heard them. But holy shit, even I gathered the sense to vote it over "Autumn Aurora", nice as that album is. In all fairness, I did vote AA first, but changed my vote after careful consideration.

Erik said:
Yeah but I doubt you buying
cover5.jpg

at age 5 gives you any more credibility.

I actually bought that at age 7. :loco:

thusly proven that Rust in Peace isn't as good as you think it is, also chocolate icecream > vanilla

Yeah, because the RC tournament is so definitive. :loco:

RiP is a milestone...I am at a loss. It's like hearing people say, "Meh, that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath sounds a bit dated these days". :tickled:

It does... I swear when I hear those FUCKING synths in "Who Are You?" I perfectly clearly see the band in a studio saying "What's this, you say? One of them new-fangled syn-thesi-zers? Well what are we waiting for, let's use it and be cutting edge!"

Good fucking work, it sounds like poo

How can any fan of Nokturnal MortEm rag on synth use?

Who Are You rocks, my problem with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the gayness that is the ending of Spiral Architect. Yecch.

Haha are you gay? Because Nokturnal Mortum use synths that aren't monophonic piece of shit early 70's models that have no fucking place in metal, ever.

Yeah, exactly. So the point is, if you don't have GOOD synthesizers, don't FUCKING USE SYNTHESIZERS AT ALL, because it will SOUND LIKE SHIT.

Which scenario happened?

Choice 1:
Ozzy said:
Hey dudes let's hold off on the synthesizer bits for now, I was doing some research and apparently these things are gonna be more metal circa 1994 so let's just wait a few more decades, rock n' roll has strict standards to adhere to you, dontcha know.
Choice 2:
Ozzy said:
LOUDER MAN YEAH!!! THAT SOUNDS FOOKIN' ACE!!! *spins around the room on massive coke binge*

(I've spent like 10 minutes trying to get this post)

This one said:
LOUDER MAN YEAH!!! THAT SOUNDS FOOKIN' ACE!!! *spins around the room on massive coke binge*
So we agree that the band obviously was way the fuck off their rocker in choosing to befoul the album with that piece o' shit synth yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.