ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #5: The Day Katatonia Killed Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall them knocking out a bunch of my favourite bands in the RC band competition and now they've probably knocked out a bunch of my favourite albums too since they knocked out BFD. And now they're probably going to knock out everyone and win and rc will change its name to royalagalloch.com and stuff

:mad:

Bracket 1:
Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss"

Bracket 2:
Metallica "Ride the Lightning" vs. Darkthrone "Transilvanian Hunger"

Bracket 3:
Iron Maiden "Powerslave"

Bracket 4:
Agalloch "Pale Folklore"

Anyone refusing to vote on the final match up of the gays should just give in and vote for Agalloch, the obviously less gay choice. :loco:

Erik, you know that Pale Folklore is the best album evAr, now vote damnit. :p

Bracket 1:
Ew

Bracket 2:
Metallica "Ride the Lightning"

Bracket 3:
Iron Maiden "Powerslave"

Bracket 4:
Can't.... decide...

Décadent said:
Am I the only one who's really supprised that Transilvanian Hunger has made it this far? No-one even talks about it 'round here.

Well, yeah, but pleasantly so. It is a black metal mile stone, after all, and it's nice to see that it at least gets some of the respect it deserves.

Décadent said:
True, but even beating De Mysteriis? I'm shocked and appalled, and a little hungry.

Well, they're both extremely great albums, far surpassing just about everything else in this entire contest. Too bad one had to be votet off...

Décadent said:
True, but even beating De Mysteriis? I'm shocked and appalled, and a little hungry.

While I think DMDS is a great album, what places it below TH for me is that it tries to be too extreme in order to make its point; TH simply plods/thrashes along in all its minimalism and grimness and comes of much better in the end. And also the fact that En as i dype skogen is one of the bets black metal songs ever written helps :dopey:

Latest Tally:

Burzum '24' - Drudkh '7' (how the fuck Drudkh got this far is beyond me...)
Metallica '16' - Darkthrone '14'
Maiden '18' - Dissection '12'
Katatonia 'who gives' - Agalloch 'a fuck'

I would literally shit my pants and vomit simultaneously if Hvis Lyset Tar Oss lost to Drudkh. Hey, don't get me wrong- I love Drudkh, but AA is their least awesome album and it's up against T3h ULTRA WINNAR>@!1

I don't think I've ever made it all the way through Hvis Lyset Tar Oss without getting bored to the point of anger. The first song kicks all kinds of ass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.