SAE musical institute

well it's pretty much what i tought you'd say...
still got ne clue where i'll intern but at least i won't throw thousands of dollars and 2 years of my life away

any more notions or suggestions?

p.s

J.DavisNJ, it just hit me how crazy it is that you linked me to a studio 20 min from my home and you live 5000 miles away!
it's like i'll link you to a groecery store down your street if you'll look for a carton of milk!

freakin' internet.....

well it's pretty much what i tought you'd say...
still got ne clue where i'll intern but at least i won't throw thousands of dollars and 2 years of my life away

any more notions or suggestions?

p.s

J.DavisNJ, it just hit me how crazy it is that you linked me to a studio 20 min from my home and you live 5000 miles away!
it's like i'll link you to a groecery store down your street if you'll look for a carton of milk!

freakin' internet.....

Haha, I was in Tel Aviv three months ago and met a shitload of people and have a bunch of friends there, but strangely enough I picked that studio because it is where Orphaned Land recorded their latest. :)

Joe

I did the 9 month Diploma here in New Zealand straight out of high school. It was great for me, since I was just getting into recording and all that, definitely taught me a lot about recording, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm very glad I did it, but it was only $6000NZ when I did it (~US$4000). Also, the best studios in NZ tend to have an inclination to hire someone whose done that kind of course over someone who hasn't, but it's by no means a free pass... it's more about the desire to learn/achieve. I can't tell you if you should do it or not, just that I did and it was really useful and a lot of fun. If you already know how to put together decent sounding mixes, then it may not be worth it for 11000 pounds or whatever.