Saffire Pro 40 Stand Alone Question

nialldoran

Jun 11, 2010
Belfast, N.Ireland
Hey guys i did a little search and found one or two threads relavant to this issue but they seem to be a bit before the standalone ability was implemented properly

Next weeked im recording a ska band in our smaller facility which has just lost our first 8 pres (of 16) cause the power supply on out control 24 went down, the room currently has an octopre a saffire pro 40 not yet hooked up and a 003 rack, (PT8)

So my solution seems to be plugging my (now free) 8 lines into the saffirepro40 and having each input correspond to the output of the same number, does the saffire do this as default or would i have to do the saffire mix conrol assignments then save to hardware to get each input to go out each output instead of a stereo output.

am i making this more complicated than it should be? i just need 16 ins for three days but the control 24 going down has thrown me off,

any help is appreciated, but im away from the studio untill next week so i need to figure it out so i can go in and just set it up the day before the session,
Thanks
Niall

I'm not going to lie, your post is a little confusing to read, but I'm assuming you're going Saffire 40 -> adat out -> adat in of 003.

Go to mix control, assign each output the corresponding ADAT output, and then go to file and to save to hardware.

Ex:

ADAT OUTPUT 1 (set to) ANALOG IN 1
ADAT OUTPUT 2 (set to) ANALOG IN 2
etc.

Do that to all the adat outputs.

File -> Save to hardware

So you just want to use the Saffire Pro 40's pre-amps and send them to the 003?

What AllanD said, you're using the Pro 40's ADAT output going into the 003's ADAT input? If so, the Focusrite won't do it automatically, but you can do it either in you're DAW (or in the PRO 40 Mix Control) like this:
ziqFN.png

sorry guys i pretty much worded that whole explanation terribly, but youve answered my question in that each that using the mix control and then saving to hardware,

thanks