Using external processors with interface?(Saffire Pro 40)

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
I've got a Sansamp PSA-1 and I want to run a bass track through it using my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, but I realized I have absolutely no idea how to go outside the box.

How should I route things? I already tried setting a channel in Logic to Output 3 where I have a cable going into the input of the PSA-1, which had a cable in it's output to the Input 1 in Saffire, but I got nothing. I'm afraid I'm not grasping the concept here.

Couldn't find anything useful in the Focusrite Mixcontrol software nor its user manual. Fucking thing's been confusing from the start.

I'm not as good as I should be in this routing logic thing... Any help?

I haven't done this yet (I own a Saffire Pro 40, and a Sansamp PSA-1 is on the way) but I tried some reamping
and also have been using an outboard compressor. My guess is that in your Saffire MixControl you should turn
the channel fader where the Sansamp is, completely down, I think that is what may be causing the feedback.

When I tried doing the reamping for the first time (total noob here) When I placed the mic in front of the amp I got
lots of feedback, then realized it came from the Saffire MixControl. I turned town the fader and that fixed it.