Same old Anthrax same old setlist

ballix

Jun 17, 2011
Just seen the latest setlist
Keep touring with the same old setlists and fans will stop going to shows, ive been a fan for years and starting to get fed up now with these guys, theres never anything fresh with them, same old crap over and over again every time.....actually sorry its not crap, but when you are running the same stuff all the godamn time, since 2005 btw, its just time to ditch these, ok they added a couple of different things but they will probably run the bollox outta them now aswell, for god sake add some Bush tracks and give fans what they want, i dont think its too much to ask this band to add a couple of them, is rehearsing them too much for this band? otherwise this is plain old kareoke, not good enough, album 2016 now? prob next winter if even that, we can look forward to Antisocial and Got The Time for another year, no thanks Anthrax, ill be looking forward to Megadeth and Maiden this year, at least they make an effort.

http://psychward44.webs.com/

I agree with wanting to see something fresh but Megadeth has sucked cock for many years now. I think they changed the setlist up a bit only because that House of Blues venue is closing down and they wanted to do something special. But yeah, good luck with ever seeing Across The River in the setlist ever again.

Megadeth makes an effort? K.

They change their set far less than Anthrax does.

The Same for me. When Anthrax plays in my corner, the closest is 300 kms far! And pay 100€ or more just for gazole and highway for listen the same old playlist (with maybe à new song),It's too expansive for me! And you can trust me, I'm so frustrated, I see them on stage 2 times in 25 years ! :(

Don't know but the latest setlist seemed to me at least a bit innovative. I'm okay with the fact Joey doesn't butcher any of the Bush era songs anymore.

They really have to have a good look at themselves when they tour the new album,they have to please the newer fans as well if they want longetivity,I'm quite confident things will freshen up once they have a new album out,we've. With bush they played a lot of the same old songs,they have the luxury of mixing up after the whole disease anniversary finishes up

Agree, I expect and hope to see a refresh with the new album.
I heard that 'This is not an Exit' may be on the setlist

Agree, I expect and hope to see a refresh with the new album.
I heard that 'This is not an Exit' may be on the setlist

Id seriously doubt any Bushthrax will be on any set, definitly not that track, its gonna be the same stuff from now on, when the new album comes out in 2032 there will new stuff along with Antisocial, Indians etc

Thé problem is not to play classics...is to play only the same classics.
When they headline a show,it's normal to hear ciam, indians, I am the law and antisocial or got the time with a fistful of others classics like NFL or be all,with a big spoon of surprises. Every band do the same...
The real problem is When they are opening for someone else !! In a 50min show (I take my own exemple last year in Barcelona) the most refreshing thing was Nfl!! (In the end is boring on stage imo) The covers .antisocial, got the time and TNT was 1/3 of the show! They must to cut it in two: some songs sometimes, and the others an other time,to have time for play "others classics" they have a fuckin lot! And we want to hear them!!!!! :kickass::kickass:

Thé problem is not to play classics...is to play only the same classics.
When they headline a show,it's normal to hear ciam, indians, I am the law and antisocial or got the time with a fistful of others classics like NFL or be all,with a big spoon of surprises. Every band do the same...
The real problem is When they are opening for someone else !! In a 50min show (I take my own exemple last year in Barcelona) the most refreshing thing was Nfl!! (In the end is boring on stage imo) The covers .antisocial, got the time and TNT was 1/3 of the show! They must to cut it in two: some songs sometimes, and the others an other time,to have time for play "others classics" they have a fuckin lot! And we want to hear them!!!!! :kickass::kickass:

yep good point, i wouldnt mind hearing some stuff like Time, Finale, Now Its Dark, Blood, Discharge, there was a good mix on the Chile On Hell show, but then its all back to the other regular stuff, im starting to really hate In the End at this stage, maybe play H8Red instead cause i hate it and just end In The End :bah::bah:

yep good point, i wouldnt mind hearing some stuff like Time, Finale, Now Its Dark, Blood, Discharge, there was a good mix on the Chile On Hell show, but then its all back to the other regular stuff, im starting to really hate In the End at this stage, maybe play H8Red instead cause i hate it and just end In The End :bah::bah:
Yes I'd love to hear any of those songs. Even Who Cares Wins would be amazing to see live, it was a single that was all over mtv back in the day so it's not like it's an obscure track, everyone knows it. I don't care to hear any of the bush songs redone but there are so many great older songs to play instead of the same old staples.

It's funny how we as fans constantly complain about the setlists, but we keep buying tickets and keep showing up. ;)

It's funny how we as fans constantly complain about the setlists, but we keep buying tickets and keep showing up. ;)

Not me !!! They come back in Barcelona next fall with Slayer, I will not go! It will be without me! I would stay in my sofa and enjoy Chile on hell,or one of the thousands Live shows on YouTube !

Scott and Charlie have zero talent. They are better off putting cardboard cutouts on stage, I've said it time and time again.

Real musicians are graded how well they perform in concert. Obviously if Scott had any guitar talent, he's only the Rhythm and admitted he can't play or construct guitar solos or even knows the music for the rest of their music live.

I love the interview LA Times did with Jimmy Page.

You often overdubbed several guitars on each Led Zeppelin track, yet live you didn’t use a second guitarist. Do you ever regret that?

No. There’s the studio recordings and the live shows, and the live shows were so different. If a number was in the set, it was going to get beaten up, and made to mutate because we were working it over every night. We weren’t a band going on stage doing every song note-for-note perfect, that was far from it.

The nucleus of everything was always as a four-piece. If you go out with a second guitarist, people think that you are taking it easy. And I never took it easy. I never would, and I never will. :fu: