Satanism in Metal

Black Sabbath never used satan to gain attention. If I remember Ozzy uses the word satan once as a metaphor, not like WE'RE DEVIL WORSHIPPERS aaarrr fuck you blah kill babies!. Black Sabbath is spiritual. People misinterpret their lyrics because they don't even actually read the songs. Someone hears "Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh, Lord yeah!" jumping to conclusion thinking sabbath sit in a dark room with satanic bibles conjuration up demons all day or something and are evil not even reading lyrics or looking into the band members. Black Sabbath just talked about darker themes dealing with humanity struggle & people want to point fingers at them. People you see on TV,etc.. making bands out to be evil are fucking morons. People even think AC/DC is evil.

Upsidedown Cross is a killer satanic Hardcore/Doom metal band...So great that they are almost laughable...kill for satan,bloodmobile,I hear voices,their song redrum is great..."you're on L.S.D,D,d,d, Home Chopping spree...on americas most wanted)....Fuck those guys Rule!!!

Dodens Grav said:
Everyone that actually listens to Black Sabbath knows they're not satanic.

Agreed. They've always struck me, by contrast, as pro-Christian in terms of lyrical content, or at least anti-occult.

Lord of This World has my favorite Black Sabbath song lyrics ever involving anything about Satan by any band i've heard to date and that's alot of bands...

evil miscreant said:
Lord of This World has my favorite Black Sabbath song lyrics ever involving anything about Satan by any band i've heard to date and that's alot of bands...

My fave BS song by a long way. Awesomeness. Does NOT contain any elements of "Douchebaggery".