say something about ... yourself!

Need a new laptop, mine is having trouble getting online...the same trouble it had last summer, when several qualified computer nerds told me the best solution was to reformat. I don't have many specifics in mind, but golly gee willickers it sure would be nice to get one that can run Medieval II: Total War.

Anyone have suggestions on what kind of laptop I should snag?

Sony Vaio is a really good laptop but expensive. HP make good laptops now...they used to suck but now they're not bad. Toshiba are good, too.

Dual or Quad core no less than 2.5 GHz, 4 Gb RAM, DVD burner, maybe blue ray if yer into that thing. Shouldn't be too bad.

Also, just get one with a smaller screen and buy a decent big desktop monitor and hook it up to your laptop. You'll save about 300 bucks instead of forking out more money for another two inches. You can get a decent monitor for about 200 bucks these days.

Sony Vaio is a really good laptop

I completely disagree. Every Vaio I have encountered has had issues. I have one in my closet in pieces that used to be a friend's until it decided to stop working, which I'm led to believe the power supply is the culprit. I also have another friend who has a Vaio with a touchpad that decided to stop working properly, out of nowhere. I refuse to work on it because of two reasons: 1. It's a Vaio and 2. It's a laptop.

Where am I going with this......oh yea, Sony Vaios are shit.

Lolz. I actually have a Sony Vaio, it's lasted me almost 3 years. Everything was cool until the internet shit came up, and I had to reformat. I discovered the driver for the DVD drive apparently no longer exists in any form on earth, unless maybe some Buddhist monk living on a mountain in Nepal has it locked away next to the Holy Grail and Jimmy Hoffa's corpse. So now my computer can't read DVDs (although DVD burning software still works perfectly, go figure). It's getting old and I don't feel like reformatting again, might as well get a new one instead of continuing to polish this turd.

The only good part is when they give you free chocolate after the Chocolate Tour ride.... but I think they might have even stopped doing that?