say something about ... yourself!

Haven't had internet for a good while so since I crashed at Dave's last night, I'm stealing his.

Squiring for the 501st today after work and I'm kinda excited. Apparently there's a baseball game going on in the process so that'll be fun and I'm excited to finally meet and see these guys in uniform.

Also, on the way back from Connecticut, I woke up in the car and was the town over from Chris's house in Jersey. It was weird.

G'day.

Haha I did the same thing, but it was someone I knew and he didn't really care.

4225_101497512104_688267104_2290616_1253596_n.jpg

There it is! That was the first time, when my friend basically just picked me up and threw me on the crowd.

You lucky motherfucker. Fuck you, Kevin. Fuck you right in the pooper.

I'd kill to just be able to see them live.

This was my first time ever seeing them and it was amazing. I'm extremely impressed with William Duvall. The harmonies last night with Jerry brought goosebumps. It was really cool to hear people screaming when he really belted it out. It would appear he's widely accepted as the new AIC vocalist, and for good reason.

There were pro video cameras everywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if this show ended up being released at some point in one way or another. Here's a pretty cool description of everything that went down last.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125969

Travis Hay of Ear Candy reports that ALICE IN CHAINS treated Seattle fans to a special invite-only acoustic performance last night (Wednesday, August 26) at Experience Music Project followed by the debut of their new record, "Black Gives Way To Blue", accompanied by a laser show. About 450 invited friends and radio station contest winners reportedly attended the event, which saw the band performing five songs before guitarist Jerry Cantrell dragged the crowd to the nearby Pacific Science Center where fans were surprised with free beer. The group hung out and schmoozed with fans during a meet-and-greet and later gave them another surprise by playing all of "Black Gives Way To Blue" (on CD, not live) set to a customized laser show.

ALICE IN CHAINS' acoustic setlist was as follows:

01. Brother
02. Got Me Wrong
03. Rooster
04. No Excuses
05. Down In A Hole

It was awesome to see look of excited yet confused faces wash over everyone when, after Down in a Hole, Jerry says "Hey you guys wanna hear some of the new stuff? OK, follow me. Seriously, follow me" and the band got up and walked out. The laser show was awesome and the new album is way heavy and definitely 100% Alice in Chains. I was there with about 20 different friends in various capacities and we all had a rad time. They had JUST run out of beer when we got to the front of the line, so they gave us red wine instead. I was ok with that :D I don't think anyone that was there could ever forget this.
:headbang:

Just found some pics.

aic.JPG

aic-jerry.JPG

This was at the end of the laser show. What we saw as we walked out of the place.

aic-laser.JPG

I knew that Duvall was a great singer and that some fans just had to let go of Layne to appreciate his ability.

Just watching the Youtube acoustic stuff you can tell he's great. Man, I can't wait to see them and hear the new album.

aaand it looks like I'm drinking lots of tequila tonight. Not something I'm usually a big fan of, but we shall see what's up. I apologize in advance right now and claim no responsibility just in case I somehow make it to a computer with internet tonight.

aaand it looks like I'm drinking lots of tequila tonight. Not something I'm usually a big fan of, but we shall see what's up. I apologize in advance right now and claim no responsibility just in case I somehow make it to a computer with internet tonight.

Botched plan. I got hurt at practice :(

my dear Laura, fret not, im here to help!

you can find the answers to all of your questions, confusions, fears, and doubts...IN MY PANTS

so ya know, feel free to explore around in there