say something about ... yourself!

I saw some lady with tiny stumps for arms eating subway. Well I didn't really see her eating because it's rude to stare, ya'know, but I was really curious how it was even possible. It involved some sort of method of moving a knife and fork to her mouth to mush up the food and then pecking at it like a chicken? I REALLY DON'T KNOW

I saw some lady with tiny stumps for arms eating subway. Well I didn't really see her eating because it's rude to stare, ya'know, but I was really curious how it was even possible. It involved some sort of method of moving a knife and fork to her mouth to mush up the food and then pecking at it like a chicken? I REALLY DON'T KNOW

I was at this "Bavarian-Italian" (haha) restaurant with a bunch of buddies back in March (epic roadtrip) and there was the male version of what you saw.... dude sat at the bar and was trying to drink his beer, what was only possible because the bar was at chest-level. Quite an entertaining sight...

Anyway, we all got heavily fucked up and a friend of mine walked over to him, asking how he manages to jerk himself off. :lol: We were subsequently thrown out of the place for creating mayhem.

But seeing the next day that the dude was actually a firefighter took the cake...

So the General Manager is on vacation starting this week for 3 weeks straight, leaving me in charge. As cool as it is, it brings a lot of responsibility, especially seeing as how the store is being bought in the middle of all of this, leaving me to deal with all the closing/opening purchasing inventories, doing the bookkeeping everyday, instead of only half the time, and just generally having to be the guy in complete charge. It's fair to say that I already am in charge, now there's just very little room for error, not having someone else there pick up where I left off or missed. I've gone a week here and there as acting GM, but 3 weeks? AND having a new owner step in? I'm definitely excited for the opportunity to prove that I'm ready for this, but I'm a little worried seeing as how this is a big step, and a big restaurant. We're now considered (thanks to a local newspaper) the #1 restaurant in the city, and, with another local #2 restaurant in renovations, we're doing sales like we were when we first opened 2 years ago. So wow, I really have my work cut out for me. Lets hope I see a big bonus or something after all of this.

I do have to look forward to a 4 day weekend when she comes back from vacation, so I'm thinking of doing a camping-kegger. Or a hunting trip. Haven't been able to decide, need to get a bunch of licenses and tags if I were to do the hunting trip.

Other than that, home's been okay... Been struggling with my sanity as of late, but trying to surround myself with positive influences, friends and environments. I hate being in ruts.

You will do just fine Tyler, as far as I'm concerned you made the restaurant # 1 ;) And whoot, I got my fingers crossed that you get da big bonus!

Not much going on here right now, just waiting for the chaos to start again. Damn, I think I would be just fine if there was no one around to constantly fuck with my sanity. :lol:

I got an Iphone today for my birthday and holy shit these things are fucking awesome. all the features, ease of use, ipod, internet, it's ridiculous. Now when I'm bored as fuck on bart and muni and such I'll actually have something to do, the only downside is that it costs so much.