say something about ... yourself!

Thanks Brooks. If I'm not happy with my situation by the end of the year, I'll probably do it. But things are looking up for me, who knows?

At the very least, I plan to visit my cousin in NY. Could we have a small Neverboard meet if I did that? Liqour or beer is on me.

As soon as I walked into work today, the proprietor asked me when I was going to take my menu test and become a waiter.

All the other managers already told me I should do it and be promoted, but now the proprietor himself has noticed how much I bust my ass over there. I've only been at the job 3 months.

Soon, I'll be Det Som the waiter. Ready to take your order. :)

officially hired as a personal trainer at bally and i start monday fuck yeah. bad timing though since i have to wake up and eat, lift, shower and then teach kickboxing at another gym from 6 am - 7 am, work at bally from 7:30 am - 11 am then record from 12 pm - 8 pm monday through friday (and that only meets the minimum hours). basically my entire day will consist of working or travel with only tiny pockets of sleep (up at about 4:45 am every day and home at about 9 pm every day so max hours of sleep could be like 6 hours if i instantly jumped in bed haha) but it'll be worth it and a fun challenge since i love training people/trying to gain new clients and i also love recording.

also saw soilwork tonight and fuck all the haters haha; they were great. all the solos were spot on the recorded version except 2 solos were improvised on purpose (i could hardly believe how tight the lead playing was ,amazing), bjorn did an amazing job hitting all the notes and vocal parts (no effects except echo on one part of one song), the band was in perfect sync and all in all it just sounded great. not only that but they played the chainheart machine, bastard chain, natural born chaos, follow the hollow, the flameout, as we speak (and then the rest was post nbc stuff which i still love). i'll definitely see them every time they come around; they play with the precision of the recording yet still put on a great live stage show and even though they don't play a lot of old songs, they play good ones and mix up the setlist between all their albums.

As soon as I walked into work today, the proprietor asked me when I was going to take my menu test and become a waiter.

All the other managers already told me I should do it and be promoted, but now the proprietor himself has noticed how much I bust my ass over there. I've only been at the job 3 months.

you'll be Det Som "how would you like your nom noms".

That's awesome man. That's the best thing about restaurants; doesn't matter how much seniority you have, it's all about how hard you work. I train servers and cooks for a living now, and I gotta say I love seeing new people working their ass off. Gives me that much more reason to give them promotions.

Just did my first voice over for a book trailer called "Fallout"

The Company, Circle of Seven Productions, is basically Andrew's family. They make videos like this one:

[Youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9F956cZGbkg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9F956cZGbkg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/Youtube]

The guy at the end is pretty goofy, but it's what the author wanted?
Here's another one - My snake is the second one you see
[Youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmDI2yV-aZg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmDI2yV-aZg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/Youtube]
They're doing a video for Orson Scott Card atm :D

Good dudes, too. Talked with the bassist/vocalist from Altar for a bit after. Turns out blokes from tiny towns in the middle of nowhere in Ireland aren't quite use to the wasteland that is Philly, Baltimore, and the Southern US. Go figure.

My ears are totally destroyed right now. In a good way, but I still really need to start wearing ear plugs to shows.

Going to Fussen, Germany for a few days in the next couple of weeks. The entire month of August is vacation month and I really don't have enough money to go far away, so I figured I'd visit the castles in and around Fussen (forgive the spelling error, I can't figure out how to use the proper letter) on my motorcycle.

Anyone ever been there? Any recommendations?