say something about ... yourself!

McDonald's have standards????!

Touché. ;)

It's a bit unfortunate that Mc D and BK are the only widespread fast food chains around here.

Granted, you'll have your occasional Subway here and there in a bigger city and when it comes to fast food, I much much prefer small Kebab and Pizza vendors anyway, but when you're driving longer distances on the Autobahn and you don't get through a city, those are you're only chances to pick something up. Because even with their "food" being quite expensive, it's still much cheaper than the stuff you'll get at a gas station.

Especially on tour, it's easy to develop a love/hate relationship with MC D.

Nah, see, I don't agree.

"punished"??? By whom? You? And how exactly? By feeding their one-brain-cell with more one-brain-cell activity and behavior?

anyways..........

I wasn't 100% serious with that one. ;)

There are enough things you can do that won't necessarily end you up in court. Enraging them by simply ignoring them isn't the most fun and rewarding though.

Enraging them by simply ignoring them isn't the most fun and rewarding though.

It is to me. walking away from a situation leaving idiots behind in their rage is the about the best thing you can do. Not only you walk away KNOWING you are far superior and above their sorry pathetic being, but you walk away leave them with the kind of unforgettable feelings, that is much better than the patty "rage" they might experience when you fight them with their own weapon.

It is to me. walking away from a situation leaving idiots behind in their rage is the about the best thing you can do. Not only you walk away KNOWING you are far superior and above their sorry pathetic being, but you walk away leave them with the kind of unforgettable feelings, that is much better than the patty "rage" they might experience when you fight them with their own weapon.

I'm on my way doing my PhD, but I'm also still a rather simple man. Taking a dump on their hood while lecturing them about the statistical possibilities of someone doing that sounds hella fun to me. ;)

I don't care for what most people consider "classy" actions and while violence and criminal damage are no-goes for multiple reasons (in this particular scenario), I don't see anything fundamentally and rationally wrong in getting a bit more actively back on them. I have zero respect for bullies. If they actually manage to annoy me, I'll presume to even that out with a counter that'll entertain me.

Of course, that's a singled-out incident that might never happen again so it's rather easy to "just take the high road". But there are people who suffer from bullies every single day even though they try to ignore them and that's just not acceptable.

It's a moot point but in the end I think we agree that it's not worth it to take drastic measures. :)

Why not just walk away, go about your business, forget it ever happened, and avoid any sort of conflict all together? Seems easy enough to me.

Some people just have something to prove, I guess.

I enjoy engaging, but there is a point in the whole sinking to their level argument. It's not a completely retarded person will comprehend anything of it when I explain how retarded they are :) I'm talking verbal conflicts now though. Physical ones are just a waste.

It's not about proving something, it's just a certain attitude towards handling these kind of things.

Ever since I was a kid in school I never tolerated people getting bullied. Just because you don't perceivably react doesn't mean that there's no conflict. The conflict exists from the second that they'll manage to bother you. That might take a while depending on character and it might take even much more to actively react. But then I see nothing morally wrong in taking adequate measures to even out the situation.

If simply ignoring them gets you there then that's cool. But as a matter of fact, most people are not that cool, it will aggravate them at some point and then ignoring them still might get the bullies pissed but you'll leave the situation being pissed yourself? Why let that happen when there are sensible things you can do, that'll get you instant satisfaction?

To put things into perspective: In the scenario described by John, I would have simply scared these dudes (IF they would have managed to bother me and that's not that easy), without taking hand at them or their assets. I have that presence. And the look on their faces will probably leave me in better spirits than just sucking things up.

@ Lord Foul: Exactly. Good question.

I don't have time right now at work, but I have much more to say about this topic and I will sit down and post all my thoughts later this evening :)

While I think it's a great character trait to not actively start conflicts, I don't think the same is implicitly and unconditionally valid when conflict is been brought upon you.

And while these differing points of view might seem so oppositional, the actual consequences are often the same. Consequently, I don't really see that much ground for an argument here.