say something about ... yourself!

New Feroci-hound. Pics are kinda crappy but oh well. His farts reek of putrefaction.

P9090253.jpg

P9090257.jpg

P9090261.jpg

San Bruno was devastated last night in a massive firestorm caused by a ruptured gas pipe. Reports said it looked like hell on earth (which is a lot less cool than it sounds). more than 53 houses burned down, 4 dead, hundreds injured, pets displaced.

I feel really shitty.

I bought a ticket for tomorrow's Brews on the Bay, what some of my friends call the best party of the year. All the local (and some non-local) breweries showcase their new beers, all you can drink, aboard a World War II Destroyer ship. It sounds totally awesome, and we have a huge crew of friends all going. I've been excited about it for weeks.

But now I feel like an asshole for going to celebrate absolute nothing, while an unbelievable tragedy occurred just MINUTES south of me. I could much better spend the time helping them down there, and holy shit do they need it. I bought a fucking $50 ticket to this thing, and all my friends are going, and it's going to be a blast, but really, I'd rather spend my Saturday in San Bruno.

So what to do. Either way, I'm going to donate blood early tomorrow morning. We'll see if I decide to sell my ticket, or just go down there with a shovel and a body ready to work.

I'm definitely not going to be in the rosiest of spirits aboard the ship, drinking mass quantities of beer, toasting my own apathy.