say something about ... yourself!

If weight loss is your goal then a bit of weight training is absolutely essential.
So is cardio.

This whole discussion has a bit of a 'my dad can beat up your dad' vibe to it. No one method is fool-proof for losing weight (incidentally, staying healthier is more important than losing weight). You need to do both - eat healthy, and get exercise (both strength and cardio oriented).

yeah i don't think he was ripping on cardio, just pointing out how resistance/strength training is very essential. it's often overlooked i've found in a lot of people; you'll see the same thing just opposite with people who avoid cardio yeah but surprisingly i actually see people avoiding strength training the most when it comes to losing weight and just running on a treadmill thinking they're going to shed pounds and get to where they want to be and ending up horribly disappointed when they're extremely sore, getting far too scrawny and not feeling good, ending up doing damage to their knees from being deconditioned etc.

Wish I had some. I don't know anybody at the gym well enough to feel comfortable asking them to take pictures of me. But I did finally figure out how to do this tonight:

4982511591_c1b5184279.jpg

I started working out again on New Years. I do it every other day. But only 10 maximum wieght sets a on a certain muscle group. I increase a rep to each set every time I cycle back to that muscle group day. One day is biceps and a little cardio, one day is tris, one is abs, one is chest. Is this a bad system?

I mean, I do have to grunt and really push myself in some of the exercises to finish the rep. My arms are sore sometimes the next day. But overall, I know I could be pushing myself a lot harder. It doesn't take very long to go through my regimen.

I wish I had the confidence to jog but my knees are...weirdly jointed or something and I look stupid running.

I started working out again on New Years. I do it every other day. But only 10 maximum wieght sets a on a certain muscle group. I increase a rep to each set every time I cycle back to that muscle group day. One day is biceps and a little cardio, one day is tris, one is abs, one is chest. Is this a bad system?

I mean, I do have to grunt and really push myself in some of the exercises to finish the rep. My arms are sore sometimes the next day. But overall, I know I could be pushing myself a lot harder. It doesn't take very long to go through my regimen.

doing one muscle group per day is excessive as small groups like biceps or triceps don't need that much attention and you're wasting time. Instead set it up as a superset (working the muscle then working its opposing muscle right after with no rest in between) so that you don't take breaks and can use your weight lifting as cardio as well. Here's my split that I like best (i often cycle my splits but always come back to this one)

Chest and back (plus core stabilization and movement)
shoulders (anterior, medial, posterior deltoid)
bi's, tri's, forearms (plus core stabilization and movement)
legs

then you just restart it again or take a day off for exclusively cardio. As your biceps and triceps are secondary movers in the chest and back (shoulders are too but to a lesser extent) you end up having a day for them to rest and then hit them hard again, getting double the benefits on your arms. this gives you about a week and a good amount of time to recover but also allows you to do your weight lifting like cardio and not waste time (considering rest intervals depending on weight and reps can vary anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes). depending on your goal here's an ideal workout that you can apply (i'm making your goal for the purpose of this lean muscle mass increase and strength endurance; basically applicable strength)

Day 1 Chest and Back: NO REST UNLESS DESIGNATED.
Chest press (bar or dbell) 12 - 15 reps
Lawnmowers (long stance dbell row) 8-10 reps (back tends to respond to higher weight)
Dbell chest fly 12-15 reps
Pronated grip chinups

REST for 45 - 60 sec then repeat same thing

Pushups to fatigue
Low row (w/ cables or machine) 8-10 reps
Rotating pushups to fatigue
supinated grip pullups or pulldowns (depending on strength) to fatigue (heavier weight if pulldowns on machine)

REST for 45-60 sec then repeat

Core circuit (30 reps on each exercise or 30 seconds for stabilization)

Prone iso ab
Cobra
Bridge
Situps
Bicycle
Heels to sky
Twist
Side iso ab
Superman
Mountain climbers
Sphynx pushup
knees in air crunch
Oblique crunch
Knees to side crunch

And then for your other days follow the same formula but replacing the exercises with ones for that muscle group (ie bicep, tricep, bicep, tricep; anterior, medial, anterior, medial, posterior; quads, hams, glutes, calves) and you'll be a shredded beast within no time due to increase in lean muscle mass and decrease in body fat because of constant cardio during weight training and after.

In regards to looking funny running: You probably have muscle imbalances or a genetic predisposition to things like knocked knees, pidgeon toed, duck footed etc which is a fault in your kinetic chain. Running will simply increase these imbalances and cause more issues in the future so make sure to stretch consistantly and make an attempt to cure muscle imbalances. Running should be in a upright position with all joints in alignment, knees over 2nd toe, feet straight ahead, plantar flexing as you push off and a stride length of 2.1-2.8. Or in a way that makes sense, force yourself to run in a way that doesn't look funny and looks like the way someone in the fitness field like the olympics would run as they probably have coaches telling them whats up because any muscle imbalance could hinder their performance.

Thank you so much, Enemy.

If I can take a bit more of your time, my main goal is is to loos all chest fat (which isn't much at all really, but still a little) and get my arms bulkier. I don't care much for endurance, honestly I'm only doing it in hopes of attracting females and perhaps not looking so thin. I suppose that's like making music for money but...it's what I want.

Having said that, is there anything you would alter in that regimen?

I have a thin body frame, I know it isn't likely for me to bulk up that much. But anything would be nice. It feels strange being 6'4 but with such a slender build.

I have a friend in New Zealand who's going on steroids, he's gonna spend a few weeks with me in the states since he can not get them over there. He offered some to me, do they really shrink your testicles?

Thank you so much, Enemy.

If I can take a bit more of your time, my main goal is is to loos all chest fat (which isn't much at all really, but still a little) and get my arms bulkier. I don't care much for endurance, honestly I'm only doing it in hopes of attracting females and perhaps not looking so thin. I suppose that's like making music for money but...it's what I want.

Having said that, is there anything you would alter in that regimen?

I have a thin body frame, I know it isn't likely for me to bulk up that much. But anything would be nice. It feels strange being 6'4 but with such a slender build.

I have a friend in New Zealand who's going on steroids, he's gonna spend a few weeks with me in the states since he can not get them over there. He offered some to me, do they really shrink your testicles?

it's very easy to do all that actually, your build doesn't make that much of a difference. you can't lose fat on your chest technically; body fat is an all or none thing so people who work certain areas of their body in hopes of reducing the fat are mistaken (you can tighten up the muscles but the fat layer on top of it won't go away, where your fat goes is mostly genetics). what you'll need to do is lower your body fat overall which is just balancing your calories in vs calories out (ie do the weight training like i stated earlier to get the most cardiovascular effects and keep that metabolism high and then after go straight into cardio to continue that burn). also adjust how and what you're eating such as eat 4-6 times per day about a deck of cards worht of protein and carbs per meal so your body has constant energy all day and isn't trying to save energy as fat and such.

In terms of your goal for increased size what you'd want to do is simply change the rep range and weight. Hypertrophy (enlargement of skeletal muscle fibers or just getting fuckin buff) is best acquired by doing about 8-12 reps of each exercise to complete and utter FATIGUE. By that I mean by the last rep you should still be able to keep form but you should be getting half way up that curl and literally having to stop because its so difficult and you just CANNOT do it without sacrificing form (but don't sacrifice the form, just stop and then move onto the next exercise at this point). That 8-12 range thus allows you to find the correct weight and adapt so you can get to that fatigue; just make sure you choose a weight where you can keep good form and fatigue within that rep range.

Another way since you said arms specifically is just add in more arm exercises. so for example I gave you a chest and back workout and on that day since the biceps and triceps are secondary movers you can add them in so sproadically in that workout add in some bicep curls or tricep extensions or something like that. They'll already be tired from being worked in the chest and back workout and that will just further allow you to fatigue them, plus by putting them on a day like chest and back you have the shoulders day to recover, then hit them again on the exclusive arms day, then you have legs day to recover, then straight back into chest back and arms. That core workout will also make a huge difference because it will tighten up your entire core (notice not just abs, when i say bridge, superman, cobra those all affect your back as well so you'll have tight shredded abs as well as lumbar and thoracic spine which prevents a lot of muscle imbalances, injuries and other bad things).

Read that for specifics but if I were to condense that all into a couple short bullet points it'd be:
-add in bicep and tricep exercises to your chest and back day
-8-12 reps TO FATIGUE on each exercise especially for arms, push yourself
-work your forearms as much as possible but make sure when it comes to bicep and tricep exercises that you're mentally THINKING about the muscle you're working so that the forearms don't take over for that motion
-do lots of cardio to eliminate body fat and make sure you're eating 4-6 times a day with smaller meals that are evenly carbs and protein; studies have shown proper carbohydrate intake is conducive to muscular growth moreso than excessive protein intake (maybe take 20g's of protein after your workout but don't overdo it or it gets de-animated and turned into fat)
-don't neglect shoulders, they're a large part of your arms as well and make you look much more ripped but most people don't know how to work them correctly

obviously your bicep and tricep day will be easy as it'll follow the same program as the back and chest up there, just alternating biceps and triceps; however shoulders are going to make you look a lot bigger and buffer only if you work them correctly so here's a sample shoulder workout (if you don't know the exercise look it up on the internet)

DAY WHATEVER, SHOULDERS: NO REST UNLESS DESIGNATED.
Dbell or machine shoulder press 8-12 reps (be careful if dbell so you don't hurt your shoulder, machine is safer to start with) (anterior deltoid)
Dbell lateral raises 8-12 reps (medial deltoid)
Dbell front raises pronated (palms down) grip 8-12 reps (anterior deltoid)
Dbell upright row or bar upright row 8-12 reps (contra-indicated, make sure correct form) (medial deltoid)
bent over lateral raises 8-12 reps (posterior deltoid)

REST 30-60 sec, repeat

Dbell Arnold press 8-12 reps (anterior deltoid)
Machine or cable lateral raises (make sure palm is down, the key to all these is correct gravitational pull on the deltoid) 8-12 reps (medial deltoid)
Dbell front raises, dbell vertical not horizontal 8-12 reps (anterior deltoid)
upright rows 8-12 reps (medial deltoid)
bent over lateral raises 8-12 reps (posterior deltoid)

REST 30-60 seconds, repeat

Turkish getups (also called getups, dying soldier, many other names) as many reps as you can get on each side making sure to be careful as to not get too fatigued as this is very dangerous
YTV shoulder movement
rotator cuff rotations (any movement with cables, dumbells, whatever; look it up and you'll find a lot)
Around the world's
Dumbell Iron Cross

With this you'll have about 4 sets of all those different exercises and then your final set will be basically complete shoulder workouts. Things like the turkish getup, ytv, rotator cuff etc work your entire shoulder and the stabilization mechanisms, thus allowing you to be more safe when you do the main exercises. You do these last because if you did them first then when you went to do the other ones the stabilizers would already be extremely tired and could give out, thus why you train them at the end so you lower that risk. In addition to adding stabilization and safety they also just overall make your shoulder more shredded and strong; theres not a specific muscle they're working on those but they just use the entire deltoid in a semi-isometric way that really rips it up and gives you an insane burn and results so that you have round (what i like to call) boulder shoulders instead of overactive anterior deltoids that just make it look like a small thin lump. I can see the lines in my shoulders and all the muscles specifically due to my low body fat percentage (10% last time i checked) and since I do all of those it's increased strength on many other exercises and helped me out a lot in addition to just filling out the apperance (which sadly in the personal training industry is important, you can be very discriminated against by clients if you don't look stereotypically buff or at least lean and fit).

DO NOT DO STEROIDS. THEY DO A SHITLOAD OF BAD THINGS AND WILL ONLY BE A SHORT TERM SOLUTION.
Yes they shrink your testicles, yes they have been shown to lead to testicular and other male cancers, yes they cause increased acne, increased unwanted bodily hair growth, increased rage and unbalanced moods. Basically by increasing your testosterone to extreme levels they throw your body out of whack making you a volatile and unpredictable sweating greasy pig. They will help you lift more yes and get results faster, but once you stop your body will be so used to it it will have some trouble regulating how it excretes hormones and can cause issues with hormone balance and you won't get any more benefits and probably lose a fair amount of your muscle. They are completely fucking BAD NEWS and touching them is a dumb as fuck idea. My friend took DHEA which is a similar thing and he broke out in acne, was volatile as hell, greasy as shit, sweating a bunch, had severe mood swings and issues and that's not even as strong as steroids. If you REALLY want to take something then you could take No-Explode or any other thing with creatine and other simulants in it which is yes semi harmful but not nearly as bad. I used to take No-Explode and it made me huge very fast and then when i stopped it was hard to keep up the same stuff I was doing and now I just occasionally take a different thing. DHEA is sketchy as hell but might help; however the negative effects will probably outweigh the positives for you. If you're going to fuck with anything start with something like No-explode or something similar and if you really arent satisfied then try a low dosage of DHEA (i'm not recommending this, I'm just saying it because you tend to do things regardless of consequences sometimes if you want a result so if you really are going to fuck with hormones anyway then fuck with that one in small doses and see how it works for you).