say something about ... yourself!

Steve! I texted you something. As in, I don't remember what I texted you.

Went to a bar with my friend who'd leaving for Africa in like 3 weeks or something. We were high on sugary alcoholic drinks and becoming bffs with the bartender, Chris. He told us we were his most interesting patrons (poor man). So I texted my friend Ryan, who is soooo shy and nerdy, telling him to come out. God bless him for going WAY out of his comfort zone to come play with us. We even got him to dance! It's awesome when your friend comes out when you expect everyone to be lame. And we had so much fun.

I love my friends.

Steve! I texted you something. As in, I don't remember what I texted you.

Went to a bar with my friend who'd leaving for Africa in like 3 weeks or something. We were high on sugary alcoholic drinks and becoming bffs with the bartender, Chris. He told us we were his most interesting patrons (poor man). So I texted my friend Ryan, who is soooo shy and nerdy, telling him to come out. God bless him for going WAY out of his comfort zone to come play with us. We even got him to dance! It's awesome when your friend comes out when you expect everyone to be lame. And we had so much fun.

I love my friends.

D: I think you still might have my old number. PM

fuck, as a joke i was talking to my friend about how I should work for Crunch instead of the gym I work at and after looking at their stuff, I think it's actually true o_O. They're opening a new gym in Daly City which means even though I'd lose a lot of things I'd be on the same playing field as all the trainers hired (no older trainers who have rep and all their old clients) and all the members would be totally fresh and potentially there would be hugeee possible growth and I could do multiple times better than I am now. I've got a great thing going on now and I do most of the time enjoy my job but a new gym with new members, new staff, completely new facility (a really fucking nice one at that) and totally new opportunities at a gym that fits my style and personality better?

Dunno, their image of trainers on their site is a dude with muscles, tattoos, long hair, beard, the uniform is all black etc and the whole niche thing they do is being extreme and art and entertainment etc. It seems like I could either do extremely well there despite the shortcomings or fail really badly and lose everything I've got going now. It seems to fit so much better to my personality and style yet I'm pretty damn happy with where I am now and at a new gym who knows, I could potentially hate the staff, hate the company, hate the system, hate everything about it (or the opposite and love it).

I guess it comes down to am I willing to risk all the stuff I have going now and start from the beginning again or is what I have now good enough that I won't regret not taking that leap of faith. The gym opens in spring so I have some time to decide but it's really difficult considering the positives and negatives are about evenly matched and there's a lot of risk involved. If things went 100% perfectly I could be doing multiple times as well as I am now and loving it even more or I could flop and fail miserably and lose an absolutely great situation and job, never being able to go back because I thought the grass would be greener on the other side. Fuck.

I'm off for a nice lunch of greek food and pinot noir and the company of a wonderful friend. Not a bad Sunday.

fuck, as a joke i was talking to my friend about how I should work for Crunch instead of the gym I work at and after looking at their stuff, I think it's actually true o_O. They're opening a new gym in Daly City which means even though I'd lose a lot of things I'd be on the same playing field as all the trainers hired (no older trainers who have rep and all their old clients) and all the members would be totally fresh and potentially there would be hugeee possible growth and I could do multiple times better than I am now. I've got a great thing going on now and I do most of the time enjoy my job but a new gym with new members, new staff, completely new facility (a really fucking nice one at that) and totally new opportunities at a gym that fits my style and personality better?

Dunno, their image of trainers on their site is a dude with muscles, tattoos, long hair, beard, the uniform is all black etc and the whole niche thing they do is being extreme and art and entertainment etc. It seems like I could either do extremely well there despite the shortcomings or fail really badly and lose everything I've got going now. It seems to fit so much better to my personality and style yet I'm pretty damn happy with where I am now and at a new gym who knows, I could potentially hate the staff, hate the company, hate the system, hate everything about it (or the opposite and love it).

I guess it comes down to am I willing to risk all the stuff I have going now and start from the beginning again or is what I have now good enough that I won't regret not taking that leap of faith. The gym opens in spring so I have some time to decide but it's really difficult considering the positives and negatives are about evenly matched and there's a lot of risk involved. If things went 100% perfectly I could be doing multiple times as well as I am now and loving it even more or I could flop and fail miserably and lose an absolutely great situation and job, never being able to go back because I thought the grass would be greener on the other side. Fuck.

Stay where you are at. If the company is stable and will be around for a while, stay there. Not saying the new company would crash and burn and leave you screwed, but I've seen this happen multiple times to friends, where they leave their current job and work for a new kickass company that totally screws them over and left them wishing they would have stuck with their stable and monotonous job.

Eeeeh, I dunno, I'd stay where you are...being happy/liking co-workers is such a rare thing in the workplace. If you really want to pursue the new job, it's possible that your old job will take you back (if shit falls through) if they reeeeeeally liked you working there. :)

I have tissues stuffed up my nose because I'm fucking sick of blowing it, arrrrgh!!! :bah:
Went to the co-op and bought Vitamin C and Lysine...Lysine supposedly fucks over pathogens and boosts immunity. I've always been sickly and my Naturepathic Dr thinks I have something critically wrong with my immunity. My only wish is that the guy up in Washington uses me in the Phage therapy trial I mentioned earlier on...Sooooo sick of this shit.

People are still giving me shit and telling me "it's all in my head." I swear, I will deck the next person that does that to me. :yell:

Woke up at 4:15 this morning to thunder, lightning, and the sound of ice being blasted on my big bedroom window. Got a little dusting of snow, too, but this layer of ice is everywhere and it sucks! Snow is fun, ice is aggravating.

Very cold and windy today, too. Hasn't been above 25 degrees all day, and for much of the day we had sustained winds of 30 mph and gusts of 40-50 mph. A fence panel in the back yard blew down, and it is thoroughly frozen to the ground...so, won't be fixing that for a while.

Tomorrow will pretty much be a repeat since nothing's melted and it's just going to get colder. Which is fine as long as school's cancelled again :tickled:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, sorry to hear about your parrot :(

Our cat Dude died today as well. He was pretty old and never quite healthy, but he had a good life with us and went very peacefully. RIP to our pets!

On a brighter note, NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!

Maryland schools/businesses suck when calling delays and closing. My company so far has us come in at normal time when it was natural death trap and then delayed us for ice that was gone by 7am anyway.
Schools just assume you have snowspeeders/AT-ATs and will almost always keep the campus open while their students and staff freeze to death.