say something about ... yourself!

me too. i wants some cid. good cid is hard to find though. everything here is dob being passed as cid, and that shit blows.

that's pretty funny actually because up here you would never find dob yet you can find what you're looking for pretty much anywhere (even really really really good stuff) so much so that i seriously hate all my friends constantly bothering me with BRO DROP WITH ME MAN SHIT IS SO GOOD about every week. i'm cool with my perception the way it is now thanks (not hating on those who dig it) then again i guess the location of sf kinda makes it not so surprising haha.

Saw this billboard today over 80 towards the Bay Bridge.
This is why my city rules.

88Rln.jpg

I've been meaning to take pics of all my gear right before I pack it up, so maybe I'll do that tonight.
Packed up tonight for a trip this weekend and decided to finally do this.

20fuhw3.jpg

On this trip, I am bringing:

- Gregory 65L pack
- 50 feet of nylon rope for hanging tarps, food bags, whatever else
- Rain jacket, rain pants
- Big Agnes 1 man tent (that thing weighs under two pounds!)
- Mountain Hardwear 32 degree sleeping bag. It's that orange thing in the top right corner, it weighs 1lb and packs down smaller than a football. It's my favorite piece of gear I have.
- Thermarest sleeping pad
- MSR gravity powered water filter
- Alite backpacking chair (these things fucking RULE, they look awkward but they're ultralight and super comfortable, Max knows... ask him.)
- Silk sleeping bag liner which lowers my bags temperature rating by 10 degrees (makes it warmer, more or less)
- GSI soloist cookset. When I pack, that gas can over there fits into the cooking pot.
- Black Diamond mini lantern. I just got this yesterday, never used it before. Heard good things, I hope it lives up to the hype.
- Small first aid kit with all the essentials
- Two Petzl headlamps, my other favorite piece of gear. Never ever leave home without a backup light.
- Wet wipes. These things are a real luxury in the woods. Small, cheap and light enough to justify for any sort of trip.
- Gas can I mentioned earlier. This will last all weekend for the minimal cooking I will be doing.
- Soto stove. It's hard to see in the pic but it is right on top of the fuel canister, in a black pouch. I just got this too, and haven't used it yet but I know it's going to rock. It screws right on top of that can.
- Gerber mini hatchet. This thing is tiny and is really only good for chopping kindling and small logs and branches. It will suffice for this trip.
- Smartwool socks. Love these guys.
- Campin' cup! This is what I drink my beer out of all weekend :D
- Thermal underwear. It's still not that warm at night here, especially in the mountains.
- Gregory pack cover. This thing will stretch over my entire pack and keep it dry, in case it rains while we're walking in.
- Sea to Summit dry bag. Two of these here, one with some stuff in it (toilet paper). Good for storing food and toiletries and various things that need to stay dry.
- 10'x12' blue tarp. Forecast calls for lots of rain this weekend, so tarp town is coming with us!

Under the tarp is a pair of jeans and a couple shirts. Here's everything packed.

34rdk40.jpg

I'm going to try and remember to take pics of some of this shit in action this weekend :)

Oh and how can I forget the Mountain House Macaroni and Cheese!!!! Actually I've never tried it so I can't proclaim it's awesomeness (or lack thereof) quite yet haha.

edit: oh and the green thing next to the hatchet is a small fold up shovel that is really only used for diggin dook holes.

Thank you for the list! I'm slowly acquiring items for an amazing hiking/"oh holy shitfuck" bag, so that helps. Interpret at will..

On a related note to that camping stuff...I just watched that movie "Touching the void" - - seeing it on the big screen was some stuff.

"Touching the Void is a 2003 documentary film based on the book of the same name by Joe Simpson about Simpson's and Simon Yates' disastrous and near fatal attempt to climb the 6,344 metre (20,813 foot) Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes in 1985."

wow i cannot believe all of that fit into that backpack. basically all the things needed to survive (exaggeration but still a damn good amount) in one not gigantic looking backpack, quite impressive. I considered myself a light and efficient packer compared to others but man, you have it down. i really hate the outdoors but if there ever is some sort of event where everything is fucked you'll pretty much be set haha; thats definitely a hobby that could come in use one day (hopefully not).