say something about ... yourself!

I'd like to retract my statements about modern Amorphis. I recently gave their newer albums a second chance, and they indeed clicked. Particularly, Silver Bride and Sky Is Mine. That is due to the guitar work, though. Not the new singer. Although, he isn't bad.

just got back from the children of bodom show. they were great as usual (but man their fans become stupider and trendwhores every show I go to; everyone was screaming I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHER FUCKER and if they played anything pre-hcdr besides the hits they had no idea wtf was going on) and it was quite enjoyable. janne went into a livin on a prayer jam at one point and then stopped and the crowd kept going and sang the entire chorus really loud, it was pretty clear they didn't expect that and they seemed pretty surprised and were laughing.

however what people here may appreciate was devin townsend was FUCKING GREAT. seriously, the dude clearly loves music a ton as he was on stage, bantering with the crowd as they set up, smiling all the time and seriously looked like he was into it and feeding off the crowds energy and having a blast; quite unlike a lot of those bands where you can tell they've scheduled certain things to happen and are just going with it. he was insane and funny as ever, the setlist seemed pretty varied, the songs flowed really well and the only downside was his guitar was pretty low. either way i'm glad i got to see it once and you guy should check it out if you can stand/enjoy cob as well.

just got back from the children of bodom show. they were great as usual (but man their fans become stupider and trendwhores every show I go to; everyone was screaming I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHER FUCKER and if they played anything pre-hcdr besides the hits they had no idea wtf was going on) and it was quite enjoyable. janne went into a livin on a prayer jam at one point and then stopped and the crowd kept going and sang the entire chorus really loud, it was pretty clear they didn't expect that and they seemed pretty surprised and were laughing.

however what people here may appreciate was devin townsend was FUCKING GREAT. seriously, the dude clearly loves music a ton as he was on stage, bantering with the crowd as they set up, smiling all the time and seriously looked like he was into it and feeding off the crowds energy and having a blast; quite unlike a lot of those bands where you can tell they've scheduled certain things to happen and are just going with it. he was insane and funny as ever, the setlist seemed pretty varied, the songs flowed really well and the only downside was his guitar was pretty low. either way i'm glad i got to see it once and you guy should check it out if you can stand/enjoy cob as well.

Fuck Children of Bodom. Devin Townsend shouldn't be opening for a piece of shit band.

I used to think the same thing as you. I'd get absolutely shit canned and feel fine the next day and wonder why everyone else complained of being hung over so much. Now I know.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it will not always be like that for you.

haha, +1 :D

I'd like to retract my statements about modern Amorphis. I recently gave their newer albums a second chance, and they indeed clicked. Particularly, Silver Bride and Sky Is Mine. That is due to the guitar work, though. Not the new singer. Although, he isn't bad.

skyforger is a great album! :) tomi joutsen has an amazing voice