say something about ... yourself!

holy fuck i'm pumped, i put on the new jasta solo cd and went down to the apartment gym and repped so fucking hard it was absurd. i know you all hate hardcore/groove whatnot but if you can listen to this and not get so pumped you want to rip an elephants tusks off then you can't possibly be a man.

i hate going to commercial gyms because of the stupid pop/electro stuff they play since most of the time it really doesn't get me pumped at all. i play metal in my kickboxing classes and the old dudes love it because they're like 30 or 40 and get to break out of their shell and whoop ass to slayer. i'm not even into metal as much as i used to be (just been listening to a bunch of other shit) but my lifting and workout playlists will never be anything but the heaviest and grooviest metal/hardcore ever. makes a huge difference and makes you feel awesome after; fuck those douches who go in the gym to take up a bunch of space by walking around in circles flexing and looking at themselves in the mirror between sets of curls.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be pit dancing no time, bro. Make sure to get a full length mirror in your bedroom to practice your moves.

haha neverrr, if did that i'd have to punch myself in the face. i went to see Madball once and the pit was filled with people flailing like they were having seizures and doing arm windmills and karate kicks. normal moshing is dumb when you think about it yeah but spazzing out and doing hardcore moves just makes me laugh every time.

congrats on getting married! since most people here are gamers and metal heads i don't often think that a lot of them are actual adults with successful lives and whatnot and it's weird to be reminded otherwise yet definitely good haha!

That's a really strange stereotype. Although it's typically true that once you get married, your gaming life is over--despite all of the "yeah my girl games too" scenarios that happen more frequently now, most people still end up having to steal time for themselves. I had no idea that someone couldn't be married and listen to metal though. Hmm, that must be why there are so many illegitimate children running around.

congrats on getting married! since most people here are gamers and metal heads i don't often think that a lot of them are actual adults with successful lives and whatnot and it's weird to be reminded otherwise yet definitely good haha!
Haha, well, despite all the juvenile behaviour here on the boards I'm actually a pretty responsable (if a bit lazy) adult, and I'm sure man,y of you are too :)

Missed Davids post. Congrats, man. You're one sexy couple.
Cheers man, and yes we are!

That's a really strange stereotype. Although it's typically true that once you get married, your gaming life is over
Shift work is the answer. Plus, my girl doesn't mind that I game from time to time. True, we'll be buying a house soon, and the work in that will consume a lot of time, but my girl is really tolerant of my hobbies :)

home alone for a week...feeling quite
Forever-Alone.jpg

Edit: Gratz Stormo!

Your logic only works if you marry stupid, annoying cunts.

I'll let three of my best friends know that this is what their wives are. :devil:
Ironically, my aunt (fifteen years older) was the one who first let me play on her Atari. She never really played games that much until I loaned her my Genesis and some RPGs. After that, you couldn't ever find her doing anything else with her free time than playing console RPGs--to the point where she pretty much ignored the rest of the world entirely.

I'll let three of my best friends know that this is what their wives are. :devil:.
If they ball-and-chain their boyfriends and try to restrict them from enjoying their hobbies, then by all means let them know that's what they are.

Congratulations Stormo! Are you doing the big wedding thing? Either way obviously you're going to have to post pictures here when the day comes.
Thanks Iz! We haven't decided what to do as wedding, but it won't be in a castle where you're served by waiters in bow ties named Pierre-Guillaume, that's for sure. And of course, pictures will be shared :)