say something about ... yourself!

I've hit loneliness rock bottom. I considered making a profile on some sort of online dating site, simply to meet someone who had a sense of humor, wasn't 100% self absorbed, had some intellect and could accompany me on activities (edit: actually posting about it is even worse. whoops. oh well.). Then I realized how ridiculously pathetic that is and went back to playing Morrowind.

I'm going to go out of my way to meet some people in classes when the semester starts; I have a bunch of friends but they all live pretty far away so we don't meet up often and a fair number of them have turned into egomaniacs who are impossible to be around. Hopefully one of the random people I meet will be interesting, intelligent and worthwhile to actually be around, but that's a lot to ask for in college where a good number of the kids are just douches concerned about their clothing and what party they're going to hit up to get blackout drunk at this weekend. Holy shit I sound old.

Yeah I can't actually bring myself to do it, it just feels so lame and pathetic because of the attitudes associated with it even though I know it's really not that bad. I'm in college so obviously there are people all around me, it's just hard when a lot of them are really fucking stupid/annoying/boring/don't give a shit about life other than partying and being stylish and i seriously mean this, not a "omg i'm so metul everyone sucks" but an actual this is the way a lot of young adults are sadly. The day I go and make a profile on one of those sites is the day I give up trying to meet people in classes, can't find anyone cool and just lose all hope and say fuck it haha

also i do have facebook, pm me and i'll send you it though tbh i really don't use it that much because every time i do the whole wall thing is just inundated with idiots posting pictures from tumblr that aren't funny/interesting, apps, shitty djs talking about music they don't know dick about etc.

Just gotta throw caution to the wind my man, and simply meet as many people as possible. That's what college is for.
Don't got out looking for anyone, but go with the flow, and I guarantee you'll meet someone awesome one of these days.

I'd stay offa those dating sites. I know more than one couple that have gotten married from OKCupid, and that's great for them, but I can't imagine going the rest of my life answering the question "How did you two meet?" with "the internet."

Every relationship needs a great story. Get out there and make one happen.

plus arent you some ripped personal trainer/gym instructor guy? i know most people are (should be) there to work out and not socialize, but dont you meet any toned hotties/semi-toned semi-hotties at work?

"dont hit on the clients" psht thats just a guideline

Just gotta throw caution to the wind my man, and simply meet as many people as possible. That's what college is for.
Don't got out looking for anyone, but go with the flow, and I guarantee you'll meet someone awesome one of these days.

I'd stay offa those dating sites. I know more than one couple that have gotten married from OKCupid, and that's great for them, but I can't imagine going the rest of my life answering the question "How did you two meet?" with "the internet."

Every relationship needs a great story. Get out there and make one happen.

Undermined everything you said with that last line.

I know several married or engaged people that met on dating sites....I'm just saying. A woman who is interested in a long term relationship is more likely to be found on one.

The girlfriends I've met there have been much better than the ones I've met at concerts/bars/etc

In this day and age, I don't see how meeting people on the internet could be worse than meeting people in a bar. If you're worried HOW you meet someone, then you don't need to meet ANYONE. That's like being ashamed of yourself for winning the lottery because you weren't born into money. If you live your life according to what others think of you, you're doomed from the start.

Of course, how I met my wife is something out of a romance novel but still...

Not my place to judge about where you meet people, but I do see Brooks' point that it's a little artificial. Then again, if your problem is finding good people or meeting people, then the internet might work for you. I think the people you meet are more important than the means you meet them by.