say something about ... yourself!

I feel like a bastard, too, because I'm usually the guy they're going behind their boyfriends backs with.

When one of the PUA guys took me under his wing and said he was going to change my life, he wasn't kidding. Because I can never, ever, be in a relationship now. I'll never be able to have that kind of trust again. I made a mistake earlier in the year falling in love, but I don't see it ever happening again. It's all become too formulaic.

I don't even have experience in relationships or anything like that and I feel the same a lot. I just get a bad feeling and can't trust women so I guess it's a little different but I feel that as well (except some women I barely know are chill until I know them more); I have no idea what it's from but somehow I just dislike a lot of stuff women do and how they act which I know is just immature as fuck and stupid yet I can't help it. Damn you psyche! :mad: It just feels like a lot of them fuck with you ON PURPOSE and just act like the messages they give off/things they do don't matter or carry weight and will just do whatever they want to fuck with peoples heads/emotions and then act all surprised when there's an issue. Then again I hate a lot of the things men do so I think I'm just fucked up, drat.

I hate bands and dealing with other people and all that ego shit, but writing music is so damn fun. Be it writing urgh br00tal metul songs or just random shit the act of going into programs/fucking around with instruments is so legit. For the past 2 days I've been working on a compilation song thing for Deus Ex which is basically a combo of themes from Unatco and the Unatco return but it's mostly about the return; so I've been taking bits of speech from Paul and fucking with them in FL studio to make them impact right before the main part, recorded the main melody of the unatco return on guitar and put that in, programed in some drums and threw in the unatco theme in random parts of the song. Just arranging it and fucking with instruments gives you such a kick and I couldn't imagine having more fun than sitting in my boxers fucking with a stupid program. I'll post it when it's done because I think it's pretty cool despite just being a hobby thing.

what do you use? I know a lot of people use the big programs and blah blah but I actually like going simple because it really forces you to take basic things and MAKE them your own instead of just finding a billion things and seeing which one you like. I use guitar pro 6 for basic writing/composition/ideas, a line 6 pod to record my guitar, and fl studio 9 to basically take their odd instruments/synth and then fuck with them in there to make whatever sound I want, and the cool thing is it has the grid so basically instead of making loops I just write an entire song in there and it's really easy (unless of course you want to go back into the song and add a part in which case you're fucked because you can't just insert something into the grid, you pretty much have to know your project before you start).

I have a little BOSS BR-600 recorder I use (I hate the distorted guitar tone I get from that thing, I should really invest in a quarter inch/USB converter so I could plug into the computer), Will and Dan mixed the songs they sang on for me, the other ones I mixed using Audacity. Almost done with my next one, I'm taking the lyrics directly out of Morrowind.

I'll never be as good of a guitarist as you are though, man. You thrash guys are crazy, haha.

haha thanks but i'm sure you're as good as me or better, recently i've been slacking off so much because i honestly got over it. being in bands you meet sooo many guitarists with the most insane egos that it just turns you off to playing to be "good", so now I just play for fun or to figure out some notes in a song by ear; I no longer practice to be "good" at soloing or rhythm, I just practice by playing the songs I write or an occasional song for fun or ear training. Most of my songs actually aren't completely focused on the guitar, which is why i use fl studio because I have to get like 20 different synth/pad instruments for a song and then I just record guitars to a click and import it into fl studio, change the tempo and put all the other instruments in there; bam you have a song with 20 tracks easily done in one program.

You should get a line 6 pod, they're pretty cheap and if you have a decent guitar you can get some great sounds out of it/plug it directly into the computer. mine is an old pod and my guitar that i use most of the time is pretty shit so it doesn't sound great, but if you do maybe 2-4 tracks to a click and overlap them so they each have their own distinct sound it makes the guitar sound pretty huge. doing that is super easy because you can write all your instruments in a program like fl studio (i use this one module thing for the drums and it's beyond easy and sounds ok) and then just use the sampler program to import your guitar track. hell, for our previous ep on the song Noetic Affliction I wrote the outro synth thing in fl studio with a ton of different synths/pads/instruments then took that track to our engineer and he put it in protools, spruced it up a bit and bam it fit right on the song instead of having to deal with a bunch of bullshit.

haha thanks but i'm sure you're as good as me or better, recently i've been slacking off so much because i honestly got over it. being in bands you meet sooo many guitarists with the most insane egos that it just turns you off to playing to be "good", so now I just play for fun or to figure out some notes in a song by ear; I no longer practice to be "good" at soloing or rhythm, I just practice by playing the songs I write or an occasional song for fun or ear training. Most of my songs actually aren't completely focused on the guitar, which is why i use fl studio because I have to get like 20 different synth/pad instruments for a song and then I just record guitars to a click and import it into fl studio, change the tempo and put all the other instruments in there; bam you have a song with 20 tracks easily done in one program.

You should get a line 6 pod, they're pretty cheap and if you have a decent guitar you can get some great sounds out of it/plug it directly into the computer. mine is an old pod and my guitar that i use most of the time is pretty shit so it doesn't sound great, but if you do maybe 2-4 tracks to a click and overlap them so they each have their own distinct sound it makes the guitar sound pretty huge. doing that is super easy because you can write all your instruments in a program like fl studio (i use this one module thing for the drums and it's beyond easy and sounds ok) and then just use the sampler program to import your guitar track. hell, for our previous ep on the song Noetic Affliction I wrote the outro synth thing in fl studio with a ton of different synths/pads/instruments then took that track to our engineer and he put it in protools, spruced it up a bit and bam it fit right on the song instead of having to deal with a bunch of bullshit.

I seriously want one. A friend of mine has one.

I WANNA SING.

And it's Chipotle and wine night. :)

You just want to sing praises to Jesus, don't you?

A lot of men do, but I believe they are more capable of being faithful as a whole, if that is their intention. It usually isn't their intention, which I think is the key difference.

Also, if a man cheats, I think he is less likely to try to rationalize and justify it in his head afterward, rather, he would accept the act for what it is, and come to terms with what he did. I think the man is more likely to feel guilty around her that night, while the woman will feel no guilt at all, having rationalized what she did. "He doesn't pay enough attention to me. So it's okay."

Yeah I completely agree, John. I'm not saying men cheat less than women...they may cheat even more. I'm just saying that they'll actually eventually take responsibility for their actions and not try to make excuses for themselves in order to rationalize it, whereas women will go to their grave before taking responsibility for it.

I honestly feel sorry for young, single guys out there. Good luck finding a woman who will do woman things without being a fem nazi about it, and good luck finding one who won't use you just for the sake of getting what they want. Women can rationalize EVERYTHING and will not feel guilty about it at all. Women go into relationships now focused on what they can get out of it, not what they can give to it.

I really do feel sorry for the young, single guys these days. Young women (tweens) are just incapable of thinking about anyone but themselves; I've seen it a million times and 99% of the time the woman is a fucking attention whoring cunt. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to meet younger people because after 5 minutes I already know what they're all about.

Well, it is a generalization, of course, but you can't deny the difference in the male/female psyche, no? Do you disagree that most women are more likely to act on emotion?