say something about ... yourself!

No gender has the monopoly on selfishness, materialism, self-justification and manipulation, guys. It's just that you have an incorrect image because you, as men, have experienced the female side of this behaviour more often.

True, this is not monopolized by women but they're much, much better at it than men. I personally haven't had to deal with very many relationships like this because I didn't let myself fall into that trap. In the first minute I can tell if a woman is worth even getting to know just by how she greets people, if her smile is genuine or not.

Generalizations aside, I've yet to be proven wrong about my gut feeling about particular women. It's not so evident in late 20-somethings, early 30's women, but much more evident in those under 25 and moreso these days than 10 years ago.

It's almost completely useless to even meet women under the age of 25 these days because the majority of them are the same. When was the last time you didn't have to dumb down your conversation with a woman who was 23 or 24 years old? And let's not even start on young American women...

I hope the women of this board don't resent me for my opinion, you all are very respectable and nothing like the kind of ladies I have in mind. Except the Christian, you can resent me.

True, this is not monopolized by women but they're much, much better at it than men.
Because we men are vulnerable to the wiles they use; same way women are vulnerable to the wiles men use - they're different, but just as effective. Of course, men's tricks won't work on you because they're geared toward women, and that's why you think women are better at it.

When was the last time you didn't have to dumb down your conversation with a woman who was 23 or 24 years old? And let's not even start on young American women...
I never have to "dumb down" my conversations. It all depends on who you associate with.

I hope the women of this board don't resent me for my opinion, you all are very respectable and nothing like the kind of ladies I have in mind.
Y'know, John, if you're gonna make your trademark bold blanket statements, might as well not be a pussy about it afterward ;)

More than once I used words like "most" and "generalization", so there. I'm not that much of a pussy, if i thought the women here fit my theory, I'd tell them. I don't care, it's not like I'm ever going to have sex with any of them.

Because we men are vulnerable to the wiles they use; same way women are vulnerable to the wiles men use - they're different, but just as effective. Of course, men's tricks won't work on you because they're geared toward women, and that's why you think women are better at it.

I never have to "dumb down" my conversations. It all depends on who you associate with.

Y'know, John, if you're gonna make your trademark bold blanket statements, might as well not be a pussy about it afterward ;)

Yes, it depends with whom you associate but that's my point entirely...I can't associate with very many early 20's females because I end up having to dumb down my conversations. The ones I'm friends with are friends because I don't have to, and the ratio of those who need dumbing down and those who don't is much bigger for the former.

I'm not really talking about wiles or game or anything like that; I'm speaking mainly about their attitude towards other people. It's not being selfish if you know what you want, that's not it at all. Not having regard for anyone else but yourself is another thing entirely.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to meet younger people because after 5 minutes I already know what they're all about.

Makes you wonder if your parent's generation and their parent's generation felt similarly to those 10 - 20 years younger than them. I honestly do not remember being as big of a douchebag when I was in my late teens and early to mid twenties as what I see going on with so many people today--and none of my friends were self-absorbed like that either. Although with the internet it's really easy to just overgeneralize because you now have more exposure to it.

Around where I live now there are gaming events that I go to sometimes, but more often than not I tell a friend of mine who runs them that I really have no time to be around people in their early twenties (or younger) because other than gaming, we have absolutely nothing in common and they annoy the hell out of me with their "I have such a vast worldly experience" attitude, yet most of the time are just talking out of their asses. Not all young people are that way, just like not everyone in my age group or older are "more mature" or "wise", but it just seems like "kids these days" are morally bankrupt.

I agree with you COMPLETELY. I always gravitated to older people when I was a teen, usually twenty and even thirty somethings because I felt that people my own age were a waste of fucking time. I never really had any friends my own age until I got into the military, and even then it was like one or two.

I dunno...I just think most people born in the mid to late 80's and after are just so completely full of shit and offer very little in what I would consider meaningful.

There are exceptions, however, as with everything. I don't really think anyone here fits into the "useless" category, and I often find myself gleaning interesting and valuable information from people on this forum, especially when it comes to music and especially from Max.

so today I randomly listened to Omens by King Diamond and remembered how much heavy metal fucking rules. all the random genres are cool and whatnot and I love metal/rock/electronic music/other music but fuck, hearing king diamond scream DEADLLYYYY OMENS! while riffs blast out, drums groove and awesome interludes flow is just sick as fuck. I see a day of KD discography listening ahead of me haha

I don't care, it's not like I'm ever going to have sex with any of them.
Are you being serious right now? This single sentence basically implies that you only care about women who you intend to try to fuck, and the ones you don't want to fuck don't deserve your respect to begin with.

Your point would have been very sufficiently made without that little caveat at the end.

You make a good point. I won't argue with it. That was a shitty thing for me to say. Cara was awesome when I met her, Laura was super nice when I met her, and I think Karen is extremely classy. I do care what they think.

god damn, you guys talk about some faggot shit

Says the guy who admits he would rather talk to his cats all day than go out and socialize. Not that you aren't ballsy as fuck and awesome.

There are exceptions, however, as with everything. I don't really think anyone here fits into the "useless" category, and I often find myself gleaning interesting and valuable information from people on this forum, especially when it comes to music and especially from Max.

waka waka

Last edited by a moderator:
god damn, you guys talk about some faggot shit

Being a robot is hardcore. :headbang:

so today I randomly listened to Omens by King Diamond and remembered how much heavy metal fucking rules. all the random genres are cool and whatnot and I love metal/rock/electronic music/other music but fuck, hearing king diamond scream DEADLLYYYY OMENS! while riffs blast out, drums groove and awesome interludes flow is just sick as fuck. I see a day of KD discography listening ahead of me haha

Yep. Mercyful Fate/King Diamond are timeless. That's also why I spazzed out about Hell, because it was in a very similar style and is just awesome. Hopefully they aren't a one album wonder band either. Are you new to MF/KD? If so, IMO the albums you need to make a priority are: The Beginning, Melissa, Don't Break The Oath, In the Shadows, Into the Unknown, Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy. The rest of the albums all have something to like, but are more hit and miss.