say something about ... yourself!

img0608b.jpg

went to the folsom street fair today, i had been to a previous one like it so i thought i knew what to expect, oh man was i wrong. i went with a friend and i can't imagine how much her mind was blown, considering it was like being in a gigantic gay locker room filled with either super ripped or super fat naked dudes, with a few naked chicks randomly around. highlights included: some dude jerking off in his 5th story window while everyone on the street cheered, a woman at a booth who wanted to whip me (no thnx), an open garage on the street which was hosting what looked like an orgy, a man in what looked like leather army officers uniform whipping people, a petting zoo which had men in thongs/naked in animal masks, called a "heavy petting zoo".

dunno if i need to go to that again but at least i've been to the famous folsom street fair; i can't imagine anywhere else that they'd shut down 6 city blocks of an insanely important street so that gay men/leather daddies could go nuts and celebrate haha

haha I've been to that once which is why i figured this would be like it but a bit bigger (not knowing how much of an insane difference there would be), it was more intense yeah but a lot less crowded/extensive so it wasn't overload as much. with that one i actually had room to move whereas in folsom you're just squished between tons of naked dudes/dudes/chicks in leather. there was quite a lot more variety of ridiculousness at folsom as well, but at dore i quite vividly remember a guy being tied up on his knees and getting his nuts squeezed by someone with a rope and pulling them all tighter. more disturbing individually yes, but not as much disturbing stuff/sheer amount of crazyness going on, guess it's in the eye of the beholder which is more mindfucking.

i've been to both now and think i don't really need to go again haha, i've experienced one of the pinnacles of sf outrageousness and that's always an interesting thing.

I agree with you on every one of their records except the first one. I think "Sweet Vengeance" had hooks, the melodies and everything...it's not as good as The Gallery, Whoracle, Slaughter of the Soul...but it's as good as The Mind's I...in my opinion. It's a melodeath gem. What do you think of Sweet Vengeance?

That's the album I'm speaking of. I think it's garbage. :lol: All of the hooks and melodies are strangely unappealing. They attempt the whole catchy thing but really fall short as the writing is just... off somehow?

going to see Designer Drugs tonight at the DNA. Not pumped about the annoying hipsters/douchebags, waiting through the other DJs and the fact that I have to be careful since the DNA loves to kick you out for anything, but every time I see Designer Drugs it's super fucking fun and probably will be worth it. I like the atmosphere of metal shows better because since it's all dudes everyone isn't trying to grope/rape each other, those who are shitass drunk/on drugs so much that it bothers people are looked down upon, there's a time in between each band where the place isn't absurdly loud and you can actually discuss with people/take a break and the setlists go up in time up until the headliner (whereas at most electronic shows i've been to you never know what the fuck is going to happen). totally makes me sound like a douche/buzzkill for saying it but it's true so i don't care.

Oh, sounds like it could be rocking then. The import ales/stouts etc. in Sweden are sort of limited, so I just pick one on random that I haven't tried. This one looked rather pro + I love beer with tones of dark chocolate and/or coffee :)

fuckkk i forgot how much being hungover sucks. I haven't drank at all in at least 4-6 months but last night i got a 21+ wrist band and got hella fucked up and danced like a maniac. it was super fun and i'll probably get to see some hilariously stupid pictures but fucking hell being hungover is one of the worst feelings on the planet. i don't know how you drinkers can do it.

fuckkk i forgot how much being hungover sucks. I haven't drank at all in at least 4-6 months but last night i got a 21+ wrist band and got hella fucked up and danced like a maniac. it was super fun and i'll probably get to see some hilariously stupid pictures but fucking hell being hungover is one of the worst feelings on the planet. i don't know how you drinkers can do it.
You're not even 21 yet. You'll understand eventually. The idea is to learn your limits. I haven't had a serious hangover for years. There are tricks you'll pick up on over time that will help reduce them and their effects. What helps me most is to not pass out. The longer I can stay awake after I stop drinking, the better my chances of feeling ok when I eventually fall asleep and then wake up.

Also, water. LOTS OF WATER.

I'm 21 in less than a month so I guess then I'll start to figure it out haha. Considering everything that happened is the exact opposite of what you said I guess it's not surprising at all; I came home, showered, and then passed out still drunk (not eating or drinking anything either). Probably won't even drink all that much honestly since I've barely drank at all the past few years, this time was just too perfect of a chance to pass it up.

What helps me most is to not pass out. The longer I can stay awake after I stop drinking, the better my chances of feeling ok when I eventually fall asleep and then wake up.

Dude, the worst hangovers are those, that start while you're still awake. Sleeping - the salvation of a boozer.

But drinking something non alcoholic is a very good tip, also eating something with alot of fat. While you're drinking and also while you have a hangover. For the non alcoholic drinks I recommend cola or iced tea not water, since they have also dietary minerals. Btw no cola or anything else with bubbles WHILE you have a hangover, your stomach doesn't like acid!!!

Gosh, why do I know that? Maybe I drink to much...

Dude, the worst hangovers are those, that start while you're still awake. Sleeping - the salvation of a boozer.
Well it works for me, so I have to disagree. Also, I never drink to excess either. Most people I know just keep drinking once they're hammered and in that case, nothing will help you. It goes back to what I said about knowing your limits and respecting them.