say something about ... yourself!

Quite annoyed at pretty much all of my coworkers. Between the 2, 50 year old men acting like children ( he is parking in MY parking space on purpose!, Tell him to stop staring at me ) and idiots who decided to randomly tell my staff to change software in units without properly filling out paperwork ( oh did I mention the new software they put in is garbage and doesn't work? ).
I'm ready to hurt someone.

I just put make up on my left eye. I intend to do the right one after replying to a few threads here...

Retail work is stressing sometime...i know :p

and some people(like me) just need a cool down so i say: nothing happened...but when you are cooled down you dont start a conversation about it :p

ah well work is stressing sometimes

hmmm.... in retail don't ever mess with loss prevention... just a tip.
Not only you'd get fired on the spot for stuff that are related to it, but you'll have HORRIBLE references that might prevent you from ever getting hired in the retail world. Throwing the recipe away was a bit foolish, but what's even more foolish, is your supervisors not fully explaining to you and HIGHLIGHTING about having everything signed and documented.
I once saw one of my employees get fired on the spot by our loss prevention guy because she didn't have things properly signed.
I always say... in retail: always cover yourself 200%. never mess with
money, and the loss prevention department.

Even when I managed a store, and had to put my signature on many daily documents, I always checked 5 times to make sure my signature goes on papers I'm absolutely sure about. (money wise)
Not entirely your fault laura: I do think they should have make it clearer!

Well for Home Depot, you don't even need good references from there when you go looking for your next job. Employment with Home Depot has to be verified through The Work Number (Talx), an online database thingy, which verifies dates of employment and position only. It may indicate if an employee was fired, but ehh Laura just needs to quit now! Laura you could actually just walk out and never come back. Wouldn't affect the employment verification any :p

But yeah that whole mess is management's fault. They can't really expect employees to know how to do something they've never done before, if they haven't been trained on it! Sheesh. Quittttttt.

am gonna start looking for a new job.

as soon as i think maybe i'm not doing so bad at home depot, i just fuck something up and have someone there making me feel like shit for it.

when someone's credit card can't be swiped through the PINpad or the reader on the register, we have to print out a blank slip, imprint their credit card number on it and have them sign it. now, no one had ever mentioned to me that i was supposed to have them sign it and i'd never thought about it one way or another. i have to do that on one guy's card when he's buying like $50-worth of stuff. after that, i have to move from one register to another and take my till with me, so the "front end supervisor" (a girl a few years older than me, nice but definitely on a power trip) comes to walk me down, sees the slip without a signature, asks me why there isn't a signature on it. i'm confused, tell her no one ever told me i had to get it signed, she looks at my aghast, says that i should know that i have to do it, and that now i'm responsible for $1,000 worth of sales that MIGHT not have gone through because customers COULD have come back and said they never authorized them.

i apologize, say that i honestly didn't know it was what i was supposed to do and that i've done it like that for the roughly two months i've been there and never resulted in any problems that i've been called out on, that no one has ever told me about it otherwise, and that i'll make sure to do it correctly from now on. she keeps saying that i should've known better, that so many sales are noe virtually worthless because of that - sales that have gone through without a problem long ago - etc.
and then she mentions that, since i was the only cashier by this big garage-door-like entrance that contractors are always loading stuff from, i'm supposed to check everyone's stuff and that she purposely sent someone through with two saws to see if i would stop them and i didn't. sorry - ringing people's stuff up (including one guy who held me personally responsible for not being able to get an item number for something outside of the store and not in the computer), and plus i hardly know all of the employees there, the regular customers, the contractors, the vendors, etc. i don't know who's doing what with what.
so that's pretty much that about that whole thing. i threw the $50 slip away more or less out of spite and am probobly gonna get asked/yelled at tomorrow about it, and when i explain what happened i'll look even stupider in front of the people there who already think i'm an idiot, but that's another awesome story for me to rant about in an overly long post! sorry, i just need to get this stuff off my chest.

The person not signing the paper is not the issue here, your FES needs some more training in the matter. Because the Card goes through automaticlly once you enter it into the register. The paper is just a copy of the card saying that you had to manually enter it. Its not a huge issue, Your FES just turned it into one. You should talk with your manager about it. Btw Homedepot sucks ass... Have you done Return Cashiering yet?

oh and loss prevention is stupid. If you ever want to talk about people who trip on power (other than Bush) then those would be the people.

Well for Home Depot, you don't even need good references from there when you go looking for your next job. Employment with Home Depot has to be verified through The Work Number (Talx), an online database thingy, which verifies dates of employment and position only. It may indicate if an employee was fired, but ehh Laura just needs to quit now! Laura you could actually just walk out and never come back. Wouldn't affect the employment verification any :p

But yeah that whole mess is management's fault. They can't really expect employees to know how to do something they've never done before, if they haven't been trained on it! Sheesh. Quittttttt.
hmm... i like the way that sounds.

like, i haven't done a terrible job there and i don't have an overwhelming hate for the place, i just ... don't like it. *shrugs* and the front end supervisor chick is probobly the one anyone who was calling about a reference would talk to and from the lovely incident yesterday and various other stuff she nit-picks about, i doubt she'd give me a very good reference.
i'll make those calls to the bank and dr's office either before i leave for work or on my lunch break and see how that might work out.

The person not signing the paper is not the issue here, your FES needs some more training in the matter. Because the Card goes through automaticlly once you enter it into the register. The paper is just a copy of the card saying that you had to manually enter it. Its not a huge issue, Your FES just turned it into one. You should talk with your manager about it. Btw Homedepot sucks ass... Have you done Return Cashiering yet?
haven't done returns. i dread that day. hopefully i can get out of there before i have to attempt to perform that stuff correctly.

i guess stuff is shitty because the place is just a mess. not doing well business-wise, understaffed. me getting "a quarter of an hour of over time" in a two-week pay-period is a big deal. i can't take more than one weekend off in a month even though i have completely open availability. i'm thinking of taking friday and saturday off my availability (because i still HAVE to work a weekend-day to be full time) so i'd still be able to work the full 40-hrs but they might make me part time. i was getting bitched at because i don't ring items as fast as the store average for ringing. just a multitude of stupid little things with this store.

saw death angel last night. :kickass:

l_12bc792d12b34f717b73f75e07d2f2fa.jpg

l_0a44167b8aec0bc1d24fb331994640a0.jpg

l_7c7c8a18f7df8d9bd732b596316cd004.jpg

more pics and setlist: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=83395616&albumId=1923482

haven't done returns. i dread that day. hopefully i can get out of there before i have to attempt to perform that stuff correctly.

i guess stuff is shitty because the place is just a mess. not doing well business-wise, understaffed. me getting "a quarter of an hour of over time" in a two-week pay-period is a big deal. i can't take more than one weekend off in a month even though i have completely open availability. i'm thinking of taking friday and saturday off my availability (because i still HAVE to work a weekend-day to be full time) so i'd still be able to work the full 40-hrs but they might make me part time. i was getting bitched at because i don't ring items as fast as the store average for ringing. just a multitude of stupid little things with this store.

If you want Faster ringing times log out of your register Cause your timing starts when you either scan something or log in. Heres what you do. Organize the shit on the Cart or on your counter first. Generally with all the Barcodes face up so you can see them. Log in, scan real fast then finish the transaction then log out. Then Repeat.

Also it'll be your Human Resource Manager anyone talks with about references.

Our registers at my place of employment automatically log us out after each transaction. And fortunately, doing returns is pretty simple.

But again on the references thing: it's more employment verification that your next potential employer is going to be looking for, not so much the reference. At GiS, there were a few companies that wanted a verification AND a reference for each past job, but most of the time we only contacted a reference if we could not get the verification done for some reason. If you have to put references down on your next application, just don't put any from Home Depot :)

That sucks Laura. :cry:

I'm gonna apply at Home Depot when I get back from Chicago, fuck those motherfuckers I find the thought of 9 an hour for cart pushing quite appealing. I would have applied already but you have to be 18. I have a feeling I'm going to do something stupid and have them yell at me but if what Cara says is true I'm going to promptly tell them off. Or maybe it was 8 an hour.