say something about ... yourself!

I may be jobless if my manager won't give me off for Meat Camp. During my interviews I specifically stated that I could only work til the afternoon on May 10th, and that I needed May 11th off. They all said that was fine. I've periodically been reminding them, and they said it's fine. YET...the schedule ending on May 10th has already been posted and they have me working til 11:15 pm on May 10th. NUH UH.

I took this information to my manager, reminding her yet again of what I had requested before I was even hired. She had me write a note stating the specifics of what I'll need my schedule to be for those two days. But I'm sure she's forgotten (again), as the posted schedule still hasn't been changed.

And then you'll puke up your stomach lining, because that's what happens when you drink Everclear. I use that stuff mixed with a little wood glue to seal the ends of boards against rot and termites.

My friends, being the douches they are, one night kept slipping bits of everclear into my beers whenever they turned their heads. Long story short, I was puking pretty heavy about an hour later.

Even if you don't feel drunk with it, it'll just send your stomach crazy and you begin a neverending puking cycle.

I sometimes do straight 151 shots, but I always regret it. I'm not about to tussle with straight Everclear.

Side story this reminded me of: My friend Gal's mother makes a famous no-bake rum cake that is basically layers of wafer cookie and chocolate soaked in rum. Onetime she was out of regular Bacardi and decided there was no difference using 151. We didn't find out until we'd finished the cake. I woke up the next morning drenched in sweat that smelled strongly of rum.

We've had lots of puppy time in the living room today. I tried to "puppy-proof" the living room as much as I could. I encased all the tv/dvd player cables in heavy duty cardboard, placed a cot on it's side to block off the kitchen from the living room, secured the cot in place with chairs, took all the easily spooked cats and put them in my parent's room, got all the non-toy shoes off the floor. All was well til he found the door stop by the front door, and became amazed at it's springiness. It's got a dumb little plastic end on it though that I was afraid he might chew off and swallow :bah: