say something about ... yourself!

Today I've been completely vegging out... actually, I've been doing that every day since Tuesday... went to the gym for the first time in a very long time on Monday... and I felt GREAT. I've been doing cardio every day or two for the past 2 months, but actually pumping some iron felt great.

I got a couple bad news, and a couple good news in the last few days.

My grandmother is on her deathbed... her kidneys have failed and it's only a matter of waiting now. Not to sound like an ignorant prick, but to me she left us many years ago. I still visited her and such, but her Alzheimer's was so bad the past couple years, she doesn't know us... anything. I like to try and remember people the way they were when they were happy and in better health. It'll be sad, but relieving at the same time... especially for my mother, who stresses out so much that I'm surprised she hasn't had a heart attack or something yet.

My grandfather has been in horrible health lately as well. I fear neither of them will see 2009. It'll be hard on my mother. I'm really close to my grandfather as well, but he hasn't been himself for the last year either. Dementia hit him pretty hard this past few months. Very angry, very depressed, always talking about wanting to die... it's been hard.

One last bad thing. The girl I've been dating the past month turned around and broke it off. Turns out she's getting back together with an ex-boyfriend. I say good for her... she was becoming increasingly annoying anyway. Just one less item on my plate.

So anyways, the lighter side... My job is... well, I'd better not say anything yet, but I may be back at the job I just quit in the next couple weeks. The other good news is that I no longer need surgery on my shoulder. Just need to go to the gym couple times a week and continually try to strengthen it. Not as easy as it seems though, especially when the shoulder isn't in the same spot it was before the injury... so most positions actually pain me. Hard to try and find the medium I tell ya.

So anyways, I'm staying as positive as possible. Things will smooth out... for my whole family. Everyone is so on edge and stressed out, it's unbearable to try and even sit down and have dinner with them.

damn, tyler. that definitely is a better way to think the way you do - remembering them as they were and not what mental illness made them into but it's understandable how had all that must be on your family.

and YAY NO MORE SURGERY!!

just got back from Paganfest NYC. Tyr played first this time, and only for 25 minutes, which was fine with me. Eluveitie were less enjoyable than in Chicago because the sound sucked (it seemed like the sound guy just turned everything up to 11 and thought that was okay) and they were missing a guitarist. Turisas put on another fantastic show. Its funny, two months ago I hated this band, but since then I've seen them live 3 times, and I now love them. Bought a shirt and the new album (Limited Paganfest Edition, zomg). Skipped Ensiferum. My ears are ringing.

how all goes well tyler, we need to finish the halo campaign we stared months ago...if i can get a new 360.

sounds like you had a fun time Max!

I am currently at work...yippy!

Yea man, I still await you to get back on that shit... I have the next week or two off... HURRY UP!

just got back from Paganfest NYC. Tyr played first this time, and only for 25 minutes, which was fine with me. Eluveitie were less enjoyable than in Chicago because the sound sucked (it seemed like the sound guy just turned everything up to 11 and thought that was okay) and they were missing a guitarist. Turisas put on another fantastic show. Its funny, two months ago I hated this band, but since then I've seen them live 3 times, and I now love them. Bought a shirt and the new album (Limited Paganfest Edition, zomg). Skipped Ensiferum. My ears are ringing.

I was gonna go, but decided to save money