say something about ... yourself!

The Turks always have a pretty strong team. Nihat has a pretty good scoring record, he could do something. I think Portugal are probably better, and they've had the best chances so far, but it's still fairly even.

Pretty much. I expected the turks to play pretty weak tbh.. they have a few really good players but overall they're possibly one of the 3-4 weakest teams in Euro 2008. Portugal is really failing to bring Ronaldo into the game so far. Could give Turkey a 0-0 result if they don't improve that.

Simao is having more luck on the other wing. I think Portugal will win the game, but they need to overcome a better Turkey side than I had expected.

You're right though, I think they're in the weaker group of teams in the tournament.

Yeah, Simao and Deco are doing okay. They're definitely missing having a real striker though. They have enough offensive midfielders for three teams but no pure goalscorers. Probably the reason they can't win the whole thing. Overall the A group seems weak. I expected the swiss team to challenge Czech Republic way more than they did. I was fairly unimpressed with both.

Yeah, Simao and Deco are doing okay. They're definitely missing having a real striker though. They have enough offensive midfielders for three teams but no pure goalscorers. Probably the reason they can't win the whole thing. Overall the A group seems weak. I expected the swiss team to challenge Czech Republic way more than they did. I was fairly unimpressed with both.

oh.. fantastic goal by Portugal

Both Portuguese goals were pretty good. Given that they hit the woodwork three times too, they looked pretty dangerous. Turkey were OK, but if they beat the Czechs I think they can go through.

Both games were pretty good today, but I agree that the Switzerland/Czech game didn't display two good teams. The Swiss especially look poor.

Portugal will probably take 9 pts. in the group, I find it hard to see them going all the way though. Their lack of a top forward + Ricardo's so called showmanship will cost them dearly. I expected Switzerland to surprise a bit but it seems Turkey are stronger. The Czech team seems weak compared to their reputation. Every midfielder expect Galasek we're substitutes before Poborsky and Nedved quit and there's a reason for that.

Portugal will probably take 9 pts. in the group, I find it hard to see them going all the way though. Their lack of a top forward + Ricardo's so called showmanship will cost them dearly. I expected Switzerland to surprise a bit but it seems Turkey are stronger. The Czech team seems weak compared to their reputation. Every midfielder expect Galasek we're substitutes before Poborsky and Nedved quit and there's a reason for that.

Czech had it's "golden generation" but there are way too few players stepping up.

And come on, Switzerland, that team is abysmal... even with Portugal being the only team in that group with some relevance for the outcome of the tournament, they don't stand a chance at all. They are far away from what Greece did in 04.