say something about ... yourself!

A public service announcement on TV just said "Tell your kids to wait until marriage to have sex," sponsored by government Department of something or other.

How is this okay?

Wait until you have kids.

The government can suggest it when it's dishing out umpteen billion dollars in welfare to lazy ass fucks that have kids for income and when uneducated children are churning out more future uneducated children. It's not about morality...besides it's our tax dollars paying for these "love children".

I wish a girl upon you. Your tune will change.

I'm quite pissed about the potential 21-and-over drinking law that may be imposed over here. It's fucking stupid/backwards, insultingly naive and won't work anyway.

On the other hand, I will see Bon Jovi tonight. It will rock.

G'luck with your job interview, John! :)

I just applied for some positions downtown. One with a local news station, one with the Dallas Museum of Art, and another with the JFK Museum. I can't wait to have a higher paying reason to quit Macy's :Spin:

awwwww, no more macy's opening shitty shifts!!! ;)

Good luck Cawa! What will you be doing for the museums? That sounds cool

The government can suggest it when it's dishing out umpteen billion dollars in welfare to lazy ass fucks that have kids for income and when uneducated children are churning out more future uneducated children. It's not about morality...besides it's our tax dollars paying for these "love children".

more emphasis just needs to be put on contraceptive usage.

when i was in a health class in high school, or just in any class and the teacher had to mention something sexual as part of the lesson or even made a comment about anything sexual, they had to preface it by saying something like "And Carroll County schools don't encourage premarital sexual activity..." when it would've been so much more practical and less puritanical to say something like "We don't recommend unprotected or promiscuous sex"

*shrug* yeah, abstinance only is a good idea but kids aren't going to follow it and they're just left uninformed so that they aren't protecting themselves.

awwwww, no more macy's opening shitty shifts!!! ;)

Good luck Cawa! What will you be doing for the museums? That sounds cool

Ah I don't really mind opening. That's nice and quick and painless. It's closing that sucks a lot of pickles. The closing manager doesn't let anyone leave until the store is cleaned to his/her satisfaction, which can be 30 minutes to an hour after everyone was scheduled to leave. So wtf is the overnight crew for then?!

At the art museum I applied to work as an information desk attendant as well as gallery attendant, and receptionist at the JFK museum.

As usual, I don't wish to go to work today. Or tomorrow, or the next day or the next day or the next day.

yeah, i like early morning shifts a lot better. getting out of work in the late afternoon ftw.

gahh i dunno why but i've got that weird anxious/bummed out feeling again. i usually get them before or driving to work. get to work and everything's fine for the most part, i have fun seeing the people i work with but... i dunno. i just kinda wanna quit. i'm tired of working in general.

more emphasis just needs to be put on contraceptive usage.

when i was in a health class in high school, or just in any class and the teacher had to mention something sexual as part of the lesson or even made a comment about anything sexual, they had to preface it by saying something like "And Carroll County schools don't encourage premarital sexual activity..." when it would've been so much more practical and less puritanical to say something like "We don't recommend unprotected or promiscuous sex"

*shrug* yeah, abstinance only is a good idea but kids aren't going to follow it and they're just left uninformed so that they aren't protecting themselves.

I never got any of that. People have sex, it's nothing new. We're hardly having more of it than people of any other era were. Realising that a puritanical hangover, of their own invention, has contributed to the escalating numbers of teenage pregnancies would be a good start.

Interesting side note though - sexual education here is quite open, it's not religiously driven, but rationally. Kids are told bluntly about sex, its consequences and how to responsibly go about it if they decide to. We still have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe, so that may suggest it's more a deep rooted cultural problem than anything else.

eeek.... yeah, why do they want to do that?

We have a MASSIVE problem with underage drinking, it's a social problem, as well as a financial burden on the state. As it stands many underage kids can find someone who is 18, or looks close enough, to buy them alcohol. The basic idea is that if you raise it to 21 it becomes more difficult for underage kids to A- Know/find someone 21 or over willing to buy them alcohol and B - Less likely a a child (i.e anyone under 18) will look 21 or over. It's simple enough reasoning, but will really only be a token gesture.

Plus, Lad, I gotta say, if you were over 21 you may not have problems with this legislation. As it happens, I'm not sure they would put it into force retroactively, for it would be stripping a proporition of the nation of a right protected by law. If you're over 18 now, you'd probably be OK.

Saw Iron Maiden last night, great show of course!
Moonchild and Can I play with Madness in the set made me happy.

Idiotic MASS-holes make me groan.

A good time was had. I think there are some incriminating pics ( and possibly footage ) of me singing along.

been watchin Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Pretty good, though I'm still not sure if Summer Glau (read: River Tam) makes the best Terminator in the world.

She's a horrible Terminator. They hired her because she's hot and can carry a "glazed" look quite well. I thought the show was OK, but I realised pretty swiftly I watched it mainly because Lena Headey is easy on the eyes.

My personal views about children have nothing to do with it. Marriage is primarily a religious practice, and silly me still believes in the separation of church and state. And in any case, telling people not to have sex doesn't work. And... since when do married people not go on welfare?